1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Had a meet today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jul 2, 2009.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cowboy came to my place this morning. what a great guy!!! he also had 3 of his grand children with him. the kids were great!!!! he is gonna need a bit more ammo tho....his granddaughter starts highschool next season.....he is gonna have PROBLEMS!!!!!! she is really pretty, gonna be a heart breaker and the boys are gonna be lined up at his door. the one grandson seemed a bit shy at first, then opened up and was a pleasure to have around. all the kids were well mannered. cowboy and his wife have done a great job of raising their grandchildren!!!! cowboy is a cool, laid back ol'school biker type, a real pleasure to be around....... we need to get together and do some deep east texas back roads riding.....:D
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

VERY cool! Wish I was gonna be around a bit longer....MAYBE (depends on all the time lines.....so is very iffy as I just thought of this.....) I could swing a ride to east tx NEXT weekend.......10-12ish??? think on it, let me know if there is anyone interested in something like that.....no promises, but worth looking into!
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Chuck, interesting I always thought that you and cowboy knew each other from way back.
  4. chucktx

i am in.........call me!!!
  5. chucktx

nope, i met him on this board a few years back....even tho we have talked on the phone, sent stuff to each other, and live about 2 hrs from each other.....today was the first eye to eye.....hell we couldnt even meet up at some swap meets that we were at.....at the same time!!! i have met quite a few people from boards like this, and have become really good friends with them. some i have seen, others i have not.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yep, know what ya mean, I've meet up with Sleepy a few time as well as SK and CD. Rode with em and had a good time and feel that we have all been friends every sense.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well i've real busy since I had the pleaser of meeting chuck , been on baby watch & as of 4:07 am on the 4th I have a new grand son :D my son & daughter-in-law now have a boy & girl & are very happy ,
    now back to meetting up with Chuck I can say he's a very taleted man after seeing some of his work up front & is also a layed back ol school biker , the grand kids & I had a good time at his place , & if I can brake away I'am up for ride through East texas i will try to keep a eye on this tread for up dates :cool:
  8. chucktx

congrats on the new grandson !!!!
  9. cowboy

Thank's chuck , it's cool I can see my sons face in his sons just like a flash back:D
  10. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Cool!

There are a lot of horror stories you hear about meeting people online, but my theory is that you can meet a lot of weirdos and psychos in real life just as easily. It was great to have a place to change my oil on my trip (thanks Red) and to be able to have Chuck's help on the easy clutch installation over the phone.
  11. chucktx

the biggest reason i come here is the great folks that participate. the next is to help out when i can....i am always just a post or email away.........
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

So I guess you Old Fart just gonna sit back in yer Rockin Chairs and talk about Ridin are is it on ?

When are invitiations going out ?:D
  13. chucktx

you will be one of the first to know.......that is if you hear your phone over the hum of your airconditioner!!!!!!! lol
  14. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Thanks ChuckTx.

I had the motorcycle reving up on my phone.
    Guess its not loud enough for me to hear it.

Changed it to the Old Style telephone and tried to git my voice mail setup Sunday. It didn't come out as loud as I wanted.

Gittin harder of hearing in my Older age so I don't hear the phone ring or viberate.

And No I don't want a hearing Aid, you got to keep em stuck in yer ears.:gah:

And I love my window unit air conditioner in the Bed Room !:D
  15. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

you'll must be some really old farts............one cant hear, the other is popping out grand kids, and chuck must be the oldest fart of all, cause he knows everything!!!! rotfl ( messed up part, he does kmow everything)
    my wife and i have not had a break in awhile, if you'll decide to ride, we want in..........me being the youngest at only 35.......lmao thinks the sporty would not hurt to bad........

TRG

cowboy, chuck, i got both your #'s i live so far out on the west end of the island, that there is no signal so if i call and we get disconnected you know why......
  16. chucktx

that is cool trg.............i dont have your number to call you when the ride is on!!!!!!! hint, hint...........
  17. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

come on nurse......pull some strings, make some promise's and take one last ride, before the move to montanna, my wife says she will even take off saturday, to do so. you can stop by g-town and pick us up to meet up with chuck and them.........
    this would be our first get away, since the storm.........

TRG
  18. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I'll look at things....need to weigh the truck/trailer empty and was planning on saturday..... WANT to, THAT isn't the problem....just time......and I am starting to run low on that..... but am looking at things.
  19. chucktx

gimmie a call..........:)
  20. cowboy

let me know & I'll see if I cut the chain around my ankel :D, & try to get away , since we settled up with the insurence co we(I) now have to get the place put back together been working right along but money ran short at times (like most of the time) but just kept pluging along & could use a brake