1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Had To Chuckle

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jan 20, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Yesterday towards the end of the day, I was doing some computer work when a lady that I work with came up to tell me that her husband had just bought a 120 CI engine. I asked what he was putting the engine in and she had said an 011 Street Glide. I said that I like those bikes, but mentioned that the 120 may not last long due to its intended purpose. We were chatting and I happened to mentioned that I was in the market for another bike. She asked what I was looking at. I had told here that I have it narrowed to three bikes, a 1970 FX, a 1980 FLH, and an 1982 FX. She gives me this confused expression and finally she said, "going in the wrong direction aren't you?" I simply said that I like the older bikes. She just shook her head and walked away in astonishment. I had to chuckle at this because I was looking at buying her sons Sportster. :D
  2. JohnnyBiker

Here are some pics of the 82 fx that I am looking at as well.

Attached Files:

3. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

I recently got my XLCH back from the rebuild, I don`t know how much longer I`ll be able to kickstart it...
    Nice lookin FX...
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

That is a nice bike. Real clean, at least in appearance.
  5. JohnnyBiker

There are two things that the owner said that it needed. A new oil pump and a new rear master.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

oil pump???????????????????????????????????????????? how long has it needed one!!!!! careful here johnny...... how much he want for it???
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Was wondering the same thing. Best be careful JB and if yea want to buy it, inspect it real close.
  8. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

It's O.K. guys Little Johnny is in School ain't he............
  9. JohnnyBiker

He is asking 4800. He said that some gaskets on the current oil pump are no longer available as it is a brand that is no longer available? I would have to ask him again on the kind of pump it is. I guess I did not ask how long it has needed one. I can email the guy again without issue.

BTW, this bike is in Colorado too. :D
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  10. JohnnyBiker

huh?
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

he's going to school to be smart not a wrench turner :D & that's a good looking Bike
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Man you ever thought if you went to the HD dealer and put 4800.00 down on a new bike what yer payments would be.:rolleyes:
  13. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If that bike was at a HD dealer it would probably be selling for 12,000.
    Its a nice clean looking bike however I still would want to look into any possible issue's that may have been caused by low oil flow.
  14. chucktx

cant believe gaskets arent available...........only one configuration on a shovel pump. a few different styles, but where it meets the case.......one configuration...........
  15. JohnnyBiker

Yes I have thought of that. But the thing is that I am not really interested in a new bike at this point. I have more respect for the older bikes than what I do for the newer ones. I think that this is because I was raised around vintage type automobiles. I want to learn about bikes, I prefer to do my own wrenching (I will be able to do that now that I have a spare bike). :D I am not interested in having to take my bike to the stealership or to an independent and having them gyp me $300+ and to tell me they they have no idea what the issue is!! Sound familiar???:roflmao::roflmao:
  16. chucktx

17. JohnnyBiker

I emailed the guy to get that information, I will let you know once he emails back.
  18. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That's what I told him on the phone , I think the guy's just spent his money on other stuff & trying to JB chain:eek: