1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Had to help A R U B

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, May 15, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I went to town today to get some stuff from wal mart so took the bike , I came out loaded up the saddle bags & T pack , look over to see a nice looking ($ 30-40 ) chopper , when here's comes this guy with a few bags , he stops & look's at his bike & then at the bags , then back at the bike so I ask him if he needed any help yep he did , No bungie cords at all no P pad on the back & no sissy bar , so I offered to watch his stuff & sent him back to the auto section for some cords after about 2 cigs I started to wonder where he went now I 'am setting on my bike listening to the radio when he come out & on a another cig He ask what & how to use the B cords so off we go to B cords 101 , He did thank me a few times & said he was going to have to trade in his top for a real motor cycle said his ford diesel was coasten to much to drive just to get a few items from the store , I had to laugh as I pulled away
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hehehehe. i am using my trailer that i pull behind the bike to shop.....if i can get it on or in the trailer i ride...............:)
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep you can get a lot of food in A set of Hard bags & T pack , I bet with the trailer I could feed this bunch for a week or two :D as the store is about 8 miles one way
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

On a motorcycle and needs help? I give it...as do my friends...and glad you did, too!
    :cheers:
  5. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I JUST TOT A BACK PACK EVERY DAY, SOME TIMES I'LL PACK A HOLE WEEKS LUNCH, SOUP'S, SO I CAN DITCH THE PACK. BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE TOOL BAGS, BELL, FROM WALLY WORLD, USED IT FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND TOOK IT OFF BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKED AND DIDN'T TOT ANY TOOLS:roflmao:
  6. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

It's pretty funny how he did all his shopping and got all the way to the bike before he even THOUGHT of how he would carry it. I'm glad you decided to help him out. Some guys are just green. Next time he'll know and maybe help someone else out.

I needed some help when I had my 1st street bike (a 1982 GS1100E). I was a bit green and went a little too fast around a corner at a triangle intersection and ended up on my arse after sliding across the damp grassy median in the middle of it. I was having a hard time getting the bike back up off the wet lawn when a......................ehhemm.............(swallow pride).............very nice biker lady stopped and helped me get it up. The bike that is. We all need some help every once in a while.

I go to my camp quite often with my Fatboy. I have relatively small bags that I don't particularly like the looks of. But they are simply too useful to get rid of. I also have a removable back rest and a T-Bag I can pack full of stuff. It seems that those things just keep getting bigger and bigger the more stuff you cram in em.
  7. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

That's awesome Cowboy. Nice to know good folks roll on two.

I just can't bring myself to find a place in the garage or my heart for a geeser glide just yet. I can't even be talked into saddlebags at this point. Figure if I NEED it I can find a way to haul it otherwise I find a way to live without it. right now I have a 57 pattern canvas military buttpack tied to the handlebars and if I got to move a lot of stuff I use a medium alice pack hooked to the sissybar. Yeah looks like hell but works and cheap since I already had them. More times than not the sissybar and b-cords take care of all I need.
  8. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

I have a set of old school saddle bags I throw over the seat on mine to get groceries with. I'va amazed people with what I've strapped to a bike. Got pulled over once in San Diego for having a fender for a 70 Challenger strapped on behind me. I wish I had a pic of my fishing rig I had way back when. It was a 700 Virago and carried every thing I needed to fish for the day but the boat. Including a 10 horse motor, gas can, ice chest, ect.....
  9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

yup you can amaze people on the art of bike packing, i travel for work and with a set of hard bags and soft duffle from the farm and ranch store i can pack for 8-9 days + puter+extra boots+ tools and road repair goodies+ a sixer of water+ a rain suit and soft lowers (chuck i bought a rain suit finally)lol light and heavy riding gloves, oh yea and my lid, and misalanious junk. Just came back from eau claire and varied from 27 deg to 90 over about 900 miles, in about 14 hrs have a little red going on cause the one thing i didn't pack for some reason is sun screen:banghead: