1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hail of a ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by ironhorse, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

although I am in council bluffs area now it was a good weekend off went camping a few days had rain,:) worked around the house, had rain,:) found the raods drying out (dirt roads) so went for a nice ride, then went back home before the rain started again,:p son got home jumped on his bike and headed back to town told him to watch the clouds......oops, he had his first experience with gettin caught in the middle of here and there in one hail of a hail storm, :( (trees are lookin a little shaudy) went looking for him found a lady stopped right behind him when he stopped to hunker down and put him in her car.:D See the cowboy state still has cooth, been a heck of a weather week had tornados (watch the weather channel) just north east of us, and by the time it straightens out I am heading back to work......but it's green
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

thats called looking at the bright side
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds like your having weather!!! lol lol bet the boy was glad the lady stopped to shelter him!!!
  4. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

I have noticed that several of my postings in currently running threads have been deleted. I'm just wondering if there is a reason for that? I certainly did not delete them???

I actually posted in this thread about riding through a hail storm until I found an overpass. Does anyone know what's going on???
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  5. smiley7661

smiley7661 New Member

If they were recent the site was hacked and some of the postings were lost. there is a thread about it set up yesterday appolgizing for any lost threads and posts
  6. smiley7661

smiley7661 New Member

Sounds like a trip up to street vibrations a couple of years ago.. left the house.. got most of the way up the mountain and it started to snow.. got over into the dessert and it was raining.. then on the way home tried to get out before storm.. but oops.. here is comes.. started with rain, turned to hail.. and ended with snow... was never happier to get back to the valley rain.
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yep, lost a few posts also. That hacker did a job on us for sure. To bad we couldn't catch them a hang them by their balls.

Were leaving tomorrow morning for Hells Canyon for 4 days and we have been getting some really horrendous thunder storms every night and some really bad ones in the Cascade Mt range which we have to cross in the early morning.
  8. chucktx

be careful while out there, mother nature can be a real bitch when she wants to!!
  9. FLHTbiker

Yep will do so, had to run for a ditch more than once while the bike was left sitting beside the road but always made it. :)
  10. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Usually Those storms will start to form in the heat of the day and then intensify as the energy is released... Of course it can be different out in a desert... As everyone else says... careful out there...
    By the way, Thanks for the info on missing posts...:)
  11. FLHTbiker

Were back from Hells Canyon. The rally and the whole time was hampered with rain, lightening, flash flooding and a lot of sitting in camp under the tarps drinking coffee.

We did ride anyway and rode to the Dam on Saturday. Seems these rallies always bring out those who can't ride for **** or only ride once a year. Came across one accident scene where a rider crossed over the center line hitting a car head on. We found out later that he later died at the hospital. Another about a 1/4 mile past the first one a gal rubber necked to see the guy laying on the rode, she rode right off the cliff and down she went, she at least lived.

We decided to ride off the main rode and head up and across the mountain range from Halfway to Joesph. Got a couple of pics from the over look into Hells Canyon. You can see the rain coming towards us and boy did it dump. It got so black at 2:30 in the afternoon I thought it was midnight with a full moon. Then the lightning started, got spooky for a while. Came out to Joseph (big tourist town) and there was an old car show going on. Sense it was not raining there we decided to look around and get a bit to eat.

All in all we still had a good time with good friends. Found an awesome ice cream shop in Baker where the rally was held. Lots of gorgeous girls to look at, cool bikes and good vendors.

don't let the photo of our camp fool ya, took the photo just to show that the sun can come out but only once as it rained all night and rianed hard until 10 AM. We also saw areas that had flash floods that had washed across some of the roads.

Attached Files:

12. FLHTbiker

Here is a pic of the placard at the Hells canyon over look

Attached Files:

13. chucktx

great pics flht!!!!! thanks! sorry to hear about the mishaps, but your are correct, rallys bring out the worst riders who think differently...........