1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Handle bar end cap

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Buster_007, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Buster_007

Buster_007 New Member

Took my bike to work today (83 Honda Shadow). Luckily I was parked on a grassy area because a big wind storm came through this afternoon and blew my bike over. There was no damage other than the chrome end cap off the throttle side of my handlebars popped off. I can’t seem to get it back on and I was wondering if anybody here knew how to replace it short of glueing back in place. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

On the throttle side, if you use glue you are going to have to be careful that you don't seize up the movement of the grip. That said, I don't know Honda handlebars - but I do know end caps are installed differently on different manufacturer bikes, and even sometimes differ from year to year on the same make & model bikes.

So I recommend you try this other forum:
    https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/

FYI - as a general rule, once an end cap comes off it is more likely to come off again. It may be simpler to get a new grip installed.

Good luck