1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Handlebars

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ctd, Jan 19, 2006.

1. ctd

ctd New Member

I am considering buying a set of Buckhorn handle bars for my Sportster. What I would like to know, do they extend back towards the seat more than the stock bars so the rider doesn't have "reach" somewhat forward? Or do they cause other issues? Harley has a kit with the handlebars, brake line and throttle cable.
  2. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Buckhorns do reach further back than the stock set on sporty's. Piece of advice, go to Direct Parts for the bar kit. You'll save a lot of $$$$'s
  3. ctd

ctd New Member

Thanks and I did contact Direct Parts. I'm suppose to search through different handlebars/cables etc then give them the numbers. One thing that was suggested was a set of pull back risers vs the buckhorns, which might work. Is there any difference in control or feel of the bike with buckhorns?
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

when i have run buckhorns, i felt there was better control....my opinion..... :)
    chuck
  5. ctd

ctd New Member

Thanks for the reply. It just looks like it would be a more comfortable reach and they look pretty good as well. As it is now, with the stock bars I have to lean forward some, causing some discomfort. Thanks
  6. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

Buck-horns

I once had them on my SUPERGLIDE & didn't like the way they looked(my opinion only).The funny thing was,They were probaby the most comfortable & ergonomically correct handlebars I ever had......good engineering????hmmmmmmm.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2006