1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Happy 60th

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by GreyBear, Sep 29, 2007.

1. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Well it's been almost 8 weeks and 3K miles since my fender bender. Still waiting for HD to get my painted fender in. Was hoping to have Moulon Rouge all pretty again before Fall Bike Week in Myrtle Beach, but oh well. I did get the new windscreen in so I am not riding around with that attached with wire ties. Strange I have had a lot of people freaking that I would ride her like this. Hell it's just a little cosmetic stuff. She still looks a hell of a lot better than my old spray can black shovel ever did :) .

So is anybody else going to Myrtle Beach? I am going down tomorrow and will be celebrating my big 60 next week. (Yeah I know a lot of people stop having birthdays...me every year I cheat the Reaper I am damn happy! So if you're going to be down drop me a kite. I would love to meet some of the folks here. At any rate have a great weekend and keep the shiny side up.
    Ride Free......Bear
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, GreyBear!:D

Wish I was there, as Myrtle Beach is a good time. Been a long time since I soaked up that Carolina sunshine. Have a fun time and stick around for a few more birthdays.

:cheers:
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

Happy birthday! If I was out there, I'd toss one back with ya. I'll be 55 next month. I'd say I hate being old, but I'm enjoying not haveing to punch a time clock like I've had to my whole adult life. Hope you're having fun! Don't know about you, but I ain't ready to trade the bike for a hooveround scooter, yet, eh? :roflmao:
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Happy Birthday Bear! Yup, everyday you wake up and don't touch wood is a good day.....I won't be in MB, too much work goin on and I gotta make hay while the sun shines....(or something like that) Have fun, stay safe and send some pics if you can.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

happy birthday bear!!!!!!!! have fun at the beach. back in the early 70's i used to run around there.....man we had a great time.....:) i need to get back there again, just to see how the place has changed....
  6. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Happy B-day, Bear!
  7. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I'm glad to see someone catching up with me on these birthdays;) . There's only one alternative to having them and it ain't good. Have a great one:) .
  8. SK

SK New Member

Have a great time and b-day there Grey Bear. I'm 10 years behind ya and no matter how hard I try to catch ya..I'm still 10 years behind. I love swimming in the Carolina waters. So warm compared to the Pacific. I spent time at Ft. Eustis, VA (near Newport News)..so got to Virginia Beach and Myrtle Beach a few times.
  9. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Happy happy dude... I'm not that far behind ya... Actually at least I feel that way...:)