1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Happy Mothers day A Tribute

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by GreyBear, May 13, 2007.

1. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    I lost my Mom 4 years ago so it is always a sort of bittersweet day now. But I figured what the heck, there are women on the list and I am sure some mothers. And a lot of the guys here have wives that are mothers. ( And some crusty old farts like me have been accused of being mothers, lol) So I just wanna wish ALL of the Mothers A very Happy Mothers Day!
    I was lucky, my Mom always supported my love of motorcycles. Although I wear a newer leather jacket now, I still have the first "real" Harley jacket she gave me over 3 decades ago. Until her arthritus made it impossible she would hop on and take a spin with me. She never got angry at the oil stains on her garage floor. Or that her attic and store room was stuffed with old bike parts. She always welcomed my brothers and riding partners...even when she was in her 90's ( she lived to be almost 101 just missing it by 4 months) she would bake cookies and make coffee and work the sign in post on poker runs. When I showed up road weary and sometimes with another biker or two...she always had a place at the table for everyone. Most of my brothers called her Mom. She is missed.....

Ride Free.....
  2. Peyts

Peyts New Member

I second GreyBear's mother's day wish... Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's on this site!
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a very happy mothers day wish to all the mom's out there!!!!!!!!
  4. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

ditto,
    i been referred to as mother.....
    but i think that is a whole another meaning, smirkin

TRG
  5. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Right on!!! And I've had the same reference too...:)
  6. troby53

troby53 New Member

Mothers

LOL..I qualify as a mother in both respects...

but I am a single parent to a 14 year old daughter...

and wouldn't trade that privilege for anything..

Troby53
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Well, I believe we have all been referred to as "mothers" on occasion.....BUT, a very happy mothers day indeed to all the "real" moms on here. I took my wife to Vt for a few days to get away from the BS of NJ. We stayed in a real nice B&B there and had a blast. Sorry Greybear, we lost my mother-in-law in 2002 at 58 years old, my wife still hasn't recovered and I don't think I have either. It's just something you learn to accept or live with I guess....
  8. tim

tim New Member

Fourtunately for me , my Mom is still with us and is also a recent Breast Cancer survivor, My wife lost here Mom at the age of 54 to the very same disease, and it took a long time for her to recover from that. I sent my wife to Houston for Mothers day to spend a long weekend with my daughter who is working down there temporarily for the next week.It is going to be a very long night tonight as her flight was delayed leaving houston and is not scheduled to arrive in Philadephia til 12:44am. This is a one and a half hour drive for me oneway. Have to make sure i drink lots of coffee!
    Tim
  9. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Whitehall Pa, huh? My sister used to live there until last year, and my dad still lives fairly close to there. He actually works in Whitehall. Nice to see another rider close. :D
  10. tim

tim New Member

Thanks Voodoochild, Also nice to see somebdy else close by, i have been living in the lehigh Valley area all my life. My sister in law lives just outside of P-burg in Lopatcong township.
    Tim
  11. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Cool, Tim. Maybe one of these days we'll hit the road together. My buddies and I run into Pa a few times a year to cruise around. We usually cross over into New Hope and take 29 or 32, I think, and just cruise. Maybe we'll catch up sometime, my bike is almost done. Just waitin on a few led's now.