1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Harley and davidson smart fellas

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Mar 1, 2009.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Everything from the 45degree single throw design to the trannnys and their front end suspension, they were some innovative fellas.
    Business savy too. I think staying in the civilian market during the war and not stopping all civilian production like Indian was a brilliant forethought on their part. Think that is the way it went
    One wrong turn on their part and we could be riding schwin's exselsiors(however ya spell it) who knows.
    I was sitting here looking a pic of the Model J(1915 I think) that I took a few years back and started thinking how neat it would have been there to see the beginning just to get to that point. Then again being here and reaping the rewards of their efforts is good too!!
    Long live Harley Davidson!!!! oh yeah and all ya fabricators that keep improving(at least customizing it) and devloping your own parts for your rides!!!! Bet the boys would be proud!!!
    wow must be the hangin' over bringing out the sentamentalist in me today:D
    that Nyquil does it to me!!!!!
    Later:cool:
    Voo1
  2. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Must be too cold to ride in Ohio today......same here in Alabama (snow).....but just wait till next week end....got to go SOMEWHERE!!!
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

HD must've been doin something right! - They say imatation(sp) is the sincercese form of flattery- And look how many rice rocket manufactors have copied the V-Twin design.