1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Harley Emblem on Gas Tanks

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gutierg, Feb 12, 2008.

1. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Has anyone seen the great 3D machined Harley emblem that the new Rocker C has on its tanks? I think that is a great looking emblem, apparently it can not be installed on any other bike model, because the tank has been pre-machined to accept the 3D emblem?

My V-Rod has the most boring Harley Davidson strip you can imagine, so I wanted to replace it with an emblem like that, but it will not work. How about the non 3D emblem from the Fat Bob. I think that may work?

Regards,
    German
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I like the tank emblems on the 00 road king they just have the harley davidson with USA centered right under it , my tank is plan so it will help it a lot
  3. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Well great, but are these emblems painted or are they glued on?

I have to check the Road Kings and take a look. Having said that, can you actually get those emblems anymore?

German
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

There glued on there A metel part on top & A type of rubber thats sticks to the tank , I
    am just starting to get around decent now so I'am going to check with a good dealer I use , the eblems are about 6-8 in long & about 2 in wide , I took a pic with my cell if you can get pics' on your cell Pm me your # & i'll send it to you
    Dave
    Pain pills are fun :D
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

before ya get real deep in this medalion thing, can you post a pic??? i have done a bit of unorthodox stuff with medalions...........:)
  6. fujimo

fujimo New Member

unorthodox

Did It Hurt
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

actually, it made me smile!!!!!!!!:roflmao: :D