1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Harley vs Victory

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Mar 7, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

When the idiot said at every gas stop with a Harley you got to check Your oil I turned it off. Not saying Victory don't have a good motor but have you looked at their touring bike. Flunking ugly. First thing that Victory needs to do is fire Arlen Ness then design a better looking bike.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ha if you listen to this victory is a better bike :rolleyes:
  4. cardboard

Why does everybody buy a Harley ?
    Their bikes are too expensive, their Oil is no good and everything they make is too expensive.
    And nobody wants to buy anything with Harley on it cause they want too much for it.:rant:
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If we have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand :roflmao:
  6. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Sure they took a hundred year old masterpiece,added some newer ideas(that's the easy part), But where's the tradition? wher's the soul?.AND it's so Gd dm OOGLEE.:puke:
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Definitly not the prettiest bike around. And there's no tradition, which we Harley riders cherish. I have seen some of Arlen Ness' work (bikes) and parts and I don't really like anything he has produced. And talk about overpriced . . .
  8. cardboard

9. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

It's a "Harley" thing with us. It's about the machine, It's not about chinese clothing that say Harley on em.
  10. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

The video was made by a Victory dealer, so what would anyone expect this moron to say. It 's so laughable--he's trying real hard to sell his motorcycles, and the other rubber-neck acts like a retard "Duh...yea. Can I have my beer now?".

He obviously spent a lot of time learning how to lie using statistics bent to his satisfaction, and he's not even knowledgeable enough with his "known facts" to convince anyone other than the other doofus standing there. All the guys who already own a Victory are cheering.......duhh.
  11. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I'm going right out and giving my HD away and buy a Victory....not! As the saying goes...Harley is the best F*** the rest.

Of course its in Victories best interest to make up sh*t to knock the king, its lonely at the top. Harleys are often imitated never duplicated baby.
  12. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

OK, so Victory has more hp. Drive belt easy to change. It still ain't a Harley! Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki all can say the same things. Big deal. They all are copying the original V twin.
  13. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

+1

Show me the masses with Victory Motorcycle tattoo's?

14. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

I dont change my belt very often,never.H.P. were not drag racers, 95 is fine TQ 116 will do.
    110 years from now let's see how Polaris is doing.there fugly.
  15. cardboard

16. alex the dog

Here are some little-known facts that Victory uses in their advertising: When they compare their bikes with H-D models, Victory shows hp and torque numbers measured at the crankshaft (always higher)..........H-D takes measurements at the rear wheel (Dyno) for more realistic numbers.

Victory advertises each models "dry weight" without any fuel (6 gals.), oil (5 qts.), or hyd. fluids (2 qts.). You can add at least 100 more lbs. to their advertised weight.......H-D shows the bike's weight with all fluids included as "ready to ride weight". Just another way Victory is decieving the public.

Proven fact: H-D's 103 motor will EASILY outrun Victory's 106 motor in similar models. (Rider Magazine performance tests Feb, April, June, and July 2011)
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  17. cowboy

thay have about a 15yr tradition , I riden two different models both handle very good , true one was so fugley i closed my eyes walking up to it vision , the other was my son-in-laws 8 ball his was the older 100 but his 300lb but on it , was still fast seen his out run more then one 1200 sporty ,
    cardboard thanks for the $100 ride deal think i'll go look at the cross county :D a set of pipes remap & look out :rocket_bike:
  18. alex the dog

Cowboy, their $100 offer comes with the stipulation that you have to BUY another bike after riding one of theirs. Unless you're in the market for a new one, you won't get the $100.

By the way, why would you compare a Sporty to any Victory? I'm not criticizing Sportsters, but they're no match in any category: performance, ride, or handling.

Why not look at a Dyna w/ 103 motor as a real comparison. Victory motor is still bigger, but the Dyna will embarass a Victory in all the above categories. Test ride both bikes the same day for best results. Unless you've already got your heart set on a new Victory.

Victory started business in 2002--same year as the first V-Rod.
  19. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

watched episodes 1-5 on the victory vs Harley....that's a half hour of my life i'll never get back lol. I'm sure there are some good things about Victorys but I didn't like the seating or the placement of the foot controls. It's been a long time since i've had a bike where I had to check the oil at every gas stop. It was a 1969 Bridgestone 175. and the oil injection on that baby made short work of a quart of oil. My last Harley was outstanding, changed the cam chain tensioners before they blew up..kept the fluids fresh and the fasteners tight got on it and rode it. I'm really hoping the new limited is as good a bike.
  20. cowboy

well I don't have my mind made up yet but i have to have one to make up :rolleyes:, I 'am just saying, the victory is a good American made motorcycle ,& I belive in time will have a tradition maybe not as good harley but a good one , There a lot lighter then HD & can cornor darn good & the power is there ,yes they have/need some improvments , but some have already been made & there still makeing more , heck look at the TC when it first came to life , cams parts falling apart & HD had to replace more then one complet engine that I know of & I'am not sure of how many recalled bikes for that cam area trouble , But I still bought one & still have it , I will say the tour pack set up on any of there road bikes is flat out ugly , But it all falls on to what we as riders have looked at & riden for all these years , no i havent seen any victory tats yet , But talking to some riders of victorys there happy , I have talked to x harley riders who now ride the V cause a lot less cost /brake down , these guys are true riders/bikers not 1% but bikers just the same , as for me I'll never but another new bike harley or others wise , just playing the devel here :D:cool: