1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

HD solid disk rim- please help

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by wmiconi, Feb 13, 2005.

1. wmiconi

wmiconi New Member

How do you tell what model year a HD solid disk rim is? I bought it used and don't know if it is a 2000-02 or a 2003 or later. I know it after a 2000. The problem is if it is a 2000-02 I need to buy a wide tire kit and the guy who sold it to me lied! I am replacing the FXST stock spock rim with the solid disk.
    I have my scoot torn down and need answers so I can get the bike put together prior to good riding weather!!!

Thanks all
  2. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

I know you're looking for answers regarding your new purchase, and hope you get noe soon. The reason I'm writing you is that I may be interested in your old wheel. If your'e interested in selling it, how much would you be asking?
  3. wmiconi

wmiconi New Member

cost + shipping

40 bucks plus shipping!

Thats all. Let me know where your located!

WNM
  4. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Is there anything being left on it (pulley,axle, bearings) or is it stripped?
  5. wmiconi

wmiconi New Member

Everything is there

The sproket is there if you want to buy that as well. I just unbolted it and I hope to bolt the new rim on!
    W
  6. wmiconi

wmiconi New Member

rim

I will be using the axle for the new rim. Pulley we can talk about and bearings are intacted!

W
  7. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Just spoke to a fellow scooter wrench regarding your dilemma, & he says the year model of the wheel is not a matter unless your'e getting far off of the original year model. What the true issue is what size tire you want to go with. He says that as long as you stay under the 200 series, you should be able to clear the softtail swingarm. I'll get back with you on the wheel if I can't come up with an alternative in a day or so. Thanks!
  8. wmiconi

wmiconi New Member

Model year of does matter

The model year of the wheel does matter. Different spacers, different calipers cause much of a difference witht the wheel and mounting!

W