1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Head lamp

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Apr 7, 2013.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

well boys there has been a hundred topics about hid led blah blah blah . any how . rain broke as it has been pouring for the last two days down south at least in my area ! AND OUT FOR A RIDE I GO DONT CARE IF THE BIKE GETS TRASHED I NEED TO RIDE!!!!! so any how I no sooner get out on the road blam rock in the globe better that then my head or faring . might as well go down to the dealer and get a globe . looked at all the many head lamps dual elements for 200 bucks led for 549,00 hid conversion you name it !. then the ol mech with a pocket tape walks over to a 2013 hum same size globe . looks like it has a nice reflector in it ? looks better then the stock 2000 bagger lamp . get my smarty pants phone out same wiring for the bulb ? goona buy it ! walk to the counter ask how much for the 2013 globe 94 bucks . he says what years your bike ? why do you need a globe if you have a new bike the counter man says . here we go ! I say I don't have a 2013 its a 2000 bagger . he states wont fiT ! OFCOURSE I STATE I DONT CARE SELL IT TO ME . you know the parts dudes they know it all and always sell ya the wrong crap and think that your wrong !. any how he says no returns on electrical your on your own ! yes sir I state ! boys fits like a glove brite as hell and looks fantastic . so if you own an older bagger and want a cheap upgrade its the way to go!!!!
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

did that with dougsRK found a new RK Custom Dash, very nice, cheap on a sale table
    and Dough said he'd been wanting it, they said it won't fit. Funny it's been on there 5 years, hasn't come off yet, in fact it's one of the few parts that hasnt LOL
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's why I like my 2012 headlamp on the SE, its very bright and don't need anything else. Your new 2013 one Paul may be the same as my 2012 SE head lamp.
  4. baggerpaul

Could be! very nice think I might get the fog lamp globes to match !
  5. FLHTbiker

I know they are bright when I'm riding at night and have the fog lights on with the headlamp on low beam the cars still flash me. They are adjusted as low as I can get them and still be useful. I love em.:D
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Haha,Don't know how many times I heard that from the parts guys...just for my Evo Heritage...I've got HD stuff on the 1990 ranging from 1966-2006...Might be time to replace the 70's sealed beam truck headlight in it now with a 2013 part....It's still a 7" diameter 3 prong set up isn't it??
  7. baggerpaul

Yep that was it. I was not sure if the had gone to a weather pack conector or mini pins. Set up . But na its all still the same just the inner globe has been. Changed to the euro style. Its good and bright . You don't realize how bad your head lamps get till ya change them out!
  8. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Bet it would be quite a difference,especially going from the old sealed beam...lol... It passed inspection but wasn't very bright...something like the rider;)
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Thanks for the tip BP that is worth knowing, with the 80,000 miles on my 05 the globe is a little beat up and that new light globe would really spice it up a bit. Think I'll get a pair one for the 08 also.
  10. FLHTbiker

When selling my brothers Roadking I removed the headlight assembly and cleaned the glass on the inside. That made a huge difference as it was turning a yellow color.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Yep, that was a maintenance thing for me up to getting the LED Trucker Light.
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

yea, I've done that a several times over the years
  13. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

BP do you have a part number for that globe?
  14. baggerpaul

I very sorry brother but I did not keep the receipt . and the box would not fit in my saddle bag . so I pulled it out of the box and wraped the glode in a mirco fiber towel . to keep it safe and it fit perfect . I can ride up there sat and ask the sales person to pull up my last purchase and get it for ya no biggie .for me im a frequent flyer .
  15. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Call them maybe????
  16. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you got a good deal - but I don't consider $95 for a head lamp cheap! I still use a 5" sealed beam - $12 in any Auto Zone. I can see fine at night.
  17. baggerpaul

well compared to the 275.49 and 549.00 ill live with 100. 00 bucks . if the globe did not break it would have been 7.50 for the h4 bulb!
  18. baggerpaul

yep I could call them.
  19. hotroadking

That's no fun, better to fire up the bike, take a 30 min ride then go to the dealer...
  20. hotroadking