1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

headed to New Orleans

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Aug 22, 2005.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Looks like I am heading to NEW O the week of sept 12 ...never been there just some place to go.kinda wondering/worried about the bikes disappearing down there. A fella I work with goes there all the time but flys. any place down there floor level and safe that does not cost 300 plus a night.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  2. SK

SK New Member

Find a motel w/outside door on the first floor and just bring the bike inside at night. :rolleyes:
  3. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

that I do

yeah that has been the usual rule for me but not sure how/if it will fly down there.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

pay for a double room, and if questioned....you paid for two occupants.........
    chucktx
  5. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

would' nt ya know it

Look like'we are Not gonna go to New Orleans after all. gonna go to memphis then go to Tupelo Missisissspi or someplace. It was only 911miles from Coulmus OH to NewOrleans we'd right straight thru (as usual) the hang out there. I put off the trip this year till now to hope the Hurricanes were done supposed to leave Sept 9 and end up at a Beer Fest down there. Think riding in three hurricanes in recent years is enough for me for now. Anything out Arkanas' way? good roads to ride?
  6. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Excursion

Hey voodoo1, Well, Arkansas is helmet free, if that means anything to you. There is some great riding in the north-west part of the state. My brother lives out there in Altus, so I go out there to visit him and then go blaze through the Ozarks scraping pegs (I’m still a kid). Actually when I think of it, anyplace west of Littlerock is good riding. Ah-hell, any riding is good riding. If your heading through Memphis and want to drink a brew or two, give me a private message and I’ll give you my info. Our (Memphis) bike-nights are feast or famine, either you can’t find room to park your scooter, or you are plain bored to tears. Either way, have fun.
    :cool:
  7. SK

SK New Member

I was thinking about this thread earlier today. Probably a doable ride if ya add pontoons to the bike, and it shouldn't be too crowded down on Bourbon St. either. Of course..probably not too many girls to give beads to. **** shame they built a city under sea level.
  8. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

maybe

Hey Sk.....a Harley Jet SKi?
    Thanks Killer.helmet free is good.....I appreciate the invitation and will take ya up on it.. any riding is good to me.. I "Think" we're staying across from the Peabody in a Ramada there. The last time my buddy was down there he stayed there and said it was EZ to see around town.He said the same thing about scraping pegs, only now for the last few years has been scraping running boards on his SPringer!!!! I just "glide" :D
    Feast or Famine..Hey as long as I am vacation.... hopefully we'll hit a good night or two there.Sounds fiun!!!! thanks
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  9. RocketCityRider

RocketCityRider New Member

Check out "The Art of the Motorcycle" in Memphis

If you are going to Memphis - The Pyramid is hosting "The Art of the Motorcycle". It's a pretty cool motorcycle exhibit showcasing some of the first steam-powered bikes up to some of the newest bikes like the Rune. My wife and I went 4th of July weekend and really enjoyed it.

-RCR
  10. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Memphis Bound

Hey voodoo1, I apologize about the delay, I’ve been a little busy of lately, lost power here in the hood for about 20 something hours and so-on, bla bla bla. Can’t compare to the tragedy down south though, their starting to bus them up here now, it’s a straight shot up the ’55’ New Orleans to Memphis. Anyway, hope your still going to make it. So you guys are staying across from the Peabody, that’s about the best hotel around these parts, 5 star and all that, which means the Ramada is pretty nice too, being right across the street. Only bummer to it all is that the parking ‘downtown’ is in a parking garage, and your bike will be guarded by an old-wino at best. If you’re here for only a day or two, try to make it a Wednesday or Sunday as that would be ‘Bike’ night. Your less then a mile from Beale Street and they (The police) close off all of Beale street for bikes only. I don’t know if you have heard of the street before but it’s pretty famous ($tourist$). There are another half dozen places to hit up, if Beale don’t work out. Anyway let me know what is going on.
    :cool:
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  11. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

cool

we plan on getting there Saturday evening. Gonna leave Ohio and go straight thru. Sunday we'll be there...I 've heard of Beale but never been there. I The place is now called americas best instead of ramada... hopefully we can hook up with ya all Satudray night and Sunday. Send ya details this week.
  12. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

hey kiiler-b

sent ya am email. We''ll hopefully see ya Saturday evening leaving here at 8am (columbus Ohio) two bikes from ohio.staying across from the peabody.
    we ride pretty much non-stop. Plus the OSU vs. texas is on at 8 pm!!!
  13. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

had fun!!

Ate more beans and rice than I could imagine at the rum boogie cafe..and gumbo from the King's palace and the BIG A#$#S BEER for 5 dollars.. Normally I don't do draft but it was like 32 plus ounces of beer for 5 bucks and tasted great!!!
    Did Graceland and the Pyramid has the Art of the motorcycle exhibit going on as well. Wished I could have caught up with ya Killer ...plan on heading that way again soon!!!!
    The place I was supposed to stay was not where they told me it was!!! I went to Union Street and called them they said that the were 3 miles down the street!!! :mad: (America's Best) I told them that is not what ya said on the phone and even the WEB page has a pitcure of the building)the holiday Inn) I ended up staying in (the lady said she never told me that but I know better spoke to her twice!! before getting there)
    It ended up being the Holiday Inn across from the Peabody but I suggest that unless anyone going there plans on using the pool and weight room the BEST Western next door was 80!! dollars cheaper per night ($105 plus tax 5 dollar per day parking fee)) Best Western let us a see one of their rooms and they were just as nice and as big!!!!!!! The parking garage was good and no problems.. Only thing Saturday night there was a college football game and the whole BEALE street was packed..someone shot off a gun about twent yards from me!!! :eek: (heard later that was tradition? but the massive amount of people stepping on one another had me ducking into a door way entrance!!! unreal..!!!! Did have a several people asking for money but most were cool about it.
    We made it to the Bumpus Harley dealership(one of three Bumpus HDs) the place was huge!!!!
    BEALE STREEt was fun !!! :cool: trying to eat your way up and down it all day and drinking as well can have a wonderful effect on ones mindset :D I knew I was having fun when I was able to forget what day of the week it was after the only second say there!!! The weather was great as well!!!