1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Heading out

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jul 3, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

o'lady and i and the trailer are heading out in the morning.....heading waco way....weather permiting........or someplace between the rain clouds!!!! gonna be gone till sunday evening.........af nurse's paint is going in the clear coat booth when i get back.....im sure he will be happy to hear that!!! lol lol
    y'all take care and be carefull with them blackpowder candles!!!!:roflmao:
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Chuck ride safe & have a good time weather permiting Damnrain is all over us here in the lone star
    :cool:
  3. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

ride safe chuck,
    pack the rain gear...
    and enjoy the ride!!!!!

TRG
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Happy trails to ya!! Rain ALL OVER that area....keep dry! Looking forward to hearing about the clear being done!!!
  5. LDdude

LDdude New Member

Biker Blues and BQ

Never been to biker blues and BQ is this a fun place to be in October?
  6. fubar

fubar New Member

ride safe chuck keep it under a 100 mph enjoy ;)
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Have fun and be careful Chuck!
  8. chucktx

we are home safe and sound, great trip, great fun, so so riding...will get back with more info and a couple of pics.........gonna nap now!!! :)
  9. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Glad y'all made it safe and had a good time. How did that trailer pull?
  10. Peyts

Peyts New Member

How wet did ya get, Chuck?!
  11. chucktx

we had a good trip to waco. dodged the rain onthe way up, no rainsuits needed. actually it was a nice cool ride. wed. nite thru fri. nite was all rain, so our sightseeing was from the friends suv. i have always wanted to see where the branch navidians place was, so we drove over there to have a look see. it is WAY off the beaten path!! i could have never found it without help. not much to see anymore. they have built a new smaller church. the tunnels where the busses were buried for shelter were still there, got a pic of the opening, couldnt get to the edge tho. that is the pic with the rusting barrell on the right side of the pic. most of the women and children died there, trying to avoid the fire and teargas. at the entrance they have a stone for all the dead around a big tree. there is also a memorial to the atf that died there.
    we toured the town and got out on sat morning for a short ride, then headed back home. had to put the rainsuits on for about 2 miles. the rest of the ride was good, cool again from the rains that had gone through. it is about a 5 hr ride one way. that was great!!!

Attached Files:

12. chucktx

forgot to add, the trailer pulled like a dream!! it stayed dry and came back with more than it left with:) the bike pulled it very easily. i would recomend one for anybody wanting to take a trip, and wanting to haul more than the bike can carry.
  13. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Well Chuck, you better come up with a cost per, with statements like that. I have a feeling you may get some orders on those! :eek: :D Better come up with a receiver too!
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here all went well , I showed the wife a pic of your trailer , & she likes it said thats a good idea , So i had to informer her she does not that much any more ( back troubles from a car wreck a couple years ago)
    :cool:
  15. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Not sure I agree with the verbage of the memorial for the davidians that the Milita put in there but I guess something was in order.
  16. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Now that I read it, I'm not sure I agree with it either. It's not very often that "law abiding citizens" are attacked for no reason by the ATF, etc. JMO (I don't want to cause a ruckus with my comments)