1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Heard the Rineharts or Bub 7

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Peyts, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Wondering if anyone has heard any of the Rineharts or the new Bub 7 exhaust (slip-ons, preferably)...

I have managed to find some Rinehart clips on YouTube, but can't find any sound-bytes for the Bub 7 exhaust.

So, any experience? Know anyone who has them? Heard them at a rally or anything?

Let me know... I am looking to get a new set of pipes for the new ride (so that it no longer sounds like a Honda Davidson!!).
  2. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

A friend of mine has Reinharts... They are loud.. Very loud, and that's with baffles... He was told he can take them off with the engine work that was done to them... He doesn't want to because they are loud!!! Hope this helps...:)
  3. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Are they loud all the time, or just when the throttle is cracked? I had someone else say that when they are at idle, they are fairly quiet.

I am looking for a set of LOUD pipes, with a deep throaty sound and a great bark.

I am have narrowed my decision to the following slip-ons:

- Vance & Hines Turndowns
    - Rinehart
    - Bub 7

SUGGESTIONS? Again, I want LOUD, DEEP THROATY SOUND, GREAT BARK.

Cheers!
  4. jturuk

jturuk New Member

What are slip-ons?????????

John
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Slip-on mufflers...
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I really think you won't be happy without a set of Rineharts so that would be my suggestion. Most of these pipes are fairly quiet when just cruising along and come alive when you crack the throttle. I'm considering removing my V&H ovals and selling them because they are just to loud.
  7. Peyts

Peyts New Member

What would you want for them? Would they fit my 07 FLHTC?
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to ask $350.00 for them and they are in very nice condition.

They will fit all the Harley touring models.
  9. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

If it is any consolation, IMHO the V&H slipons are deeper sounding and quieter that the Rineharts. Followed many of each and my ears hurt after any session with a Rinehart equipped bike ahead of me when group riding. I ended up with a set of Rush Racing slipons with the 1 3/4 inch baffles. The 1 1/2" baffles were far to restrictive and the 2" were just like running my V&H slipons. After putting in the 1 3/4 inch baffles most of my freinds tell me they're awfully quiet but the do roar when I pour on the coal. I also don't get stopped by some of our local police noise patrols any longer.
  10. softtail

softtail New Member

I agree with VYBR8ER. I have many friends running Rhineharts. Different bikes sound slightly different but they all have a loud bark when ridden hard. I have heard some with a high pitched bark when closing down the wick as well. Probably has to do with tuning of the particular engine.
    I personally run SE balogna cuts on mine. They are quiet when I want and roar when I want. They are probably the quietest of the pipes but they do sound like straight pipes, but with some backpressure so the engine runs a lot better. JMHO
    Softtail