1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hell, I'd thought this forum went down

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

Thanks for the notice and new URL. I don't know where I lost it on the way. :D Would click on the link and get a message that it was down. Figured it'd died.

Still ridin' and ropin' down here in Tejas. Doin' pretty decent, actually, with a few minor glitches. Still got the antique Wing, the SV, the little dirt bike, the flat tracker, and the motard racer, but I'm slackin' on the racing thing, takin' some time off from it. Really haven't been ridin' too much, either, just around the area. Been busy with my small engine business, doin' pretty well at it.
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Goose! I didn't realize that it was with the changeover that you lost us...... I just figured that you were pulling out of the MC world for a bit due to those health insurance issues/racing/ect issues you were talking about! I didn't even dream that it was because you had LOST the site! :roflmao: Some changes, mostly for the good....still running like a big ol biker family:fight: :D ! welcome home!
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

welcome back goose.......missed your ride/race reports.....glad the small engine busisness is going good for you.....
  4. Goose

Goose New Member

Yeah, I've been kinda busy with the shop lately. Not as bad as punchin' a clock and working rotating shift, mind you. I must put this all in perspective.:cool: I did buy some health insurance, but it's cheap and I'd still be screwed if I needed surgery or something, but it don't keep me off the highway. It is sorta keeping me off the dirt tracks, though. Flat track is not a nice sport, very aggressive and sorta risky and I sometimes get a little carried away with the aggressive part. :fight: :roflmao:
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Glad yur back, and good luck with the business. I've been on my own for 20 years and although it's a pain in the a** at times theres still nothin like it. Just think, if you ever want a day off......you can have it! :D
  6. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

only problem with that is that no work = no pay!! I have co-workers that are contract...they can pretty much come and go as they please (scheduled of course).....they are always looking at how many days off in a row they could take in one pay period and still get a full check....think I have heard 7 if they time it right..... No work, no pay.....that is what they say!
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Yeah but it ain't all bad though AF. You certainly are right, no work no pay, but hell there's days I go to work and don't make any money either....:banghead: :gah: :roflmao:
  8. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back Goose! I could have sworn we dragged you over when we moved last year. Glad you were able to track the site down again.
  9. Goose

Goose New Member

Yeah, right now, I'm a money greedy bastard. But, I'm taking next weekend, the first, off to drive up to Waco for the opening of dove season. I do have my priorities straight after all! Was going to ride up there again, but my buddy says he has a little riding mower he doesn't want that ran until it sat up (yep, another gummed up carburetor). He's cleaning out his barn and said he'd give it to me, so I figure I can fix it up, sell it, and more than pay for the gas to get to Waco and back. Yet another money greedy scheme. :) Hell, his barn is STACKED with equipment and stuff. Who knows, might get something neat thrown in like a rear tyne tiller or somethin'. :roflmao:
  10. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Good to have ya amongst the rest of us again! :devil: