1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Help needed for LOUD pipes

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Peyts, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Gang:

Looking for some opinions out there regarding slip-on exhausts. I just sold my Sporty, which was a loud little pig! I had a set of V&H Straightshots slip-ons on the bike, which I loved.

I just went out and bought a 2007 Electra Classic. I am looking for some opinions regarding exhaust pipes for the touring models. I would like a LOUD set of pipes... the louder the better! I don't want to remove baffles, though... and they need to be high-flow for the Stage 1 that I will get done on the bike.

I am a fan of Vance & Hines, though some of the pipes for the touring models don't sound all that loud. I took a listen to the V&H sound bytes on their website, and I am inpressed with the Turn-Down slip-ons for the touring models.

A guy at a local HD dealership advised that he believed that the Rinehart pipes were louder and had a better sound. I have also heard a set of Hookers on a fatboy, which were sweet.

So what do I need? SOME OPINIONS REGARDING LOUD PIPES WITH A GREAT BARK FOR AN 07 TOURING HARLEY.

I look forward to hearing back from you... I want to get a set of pipes soon, but would like to make an informed decision. Cheers, gang!
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

well, mine are not the loudest on the market...make a nice sound tho....you heard them in Sturgis, whether you were paying attention or not!! :rolleyes: probably paying more attention to that little hottie that was with you!!! :roflmao: Anyway, I am running Sampson Rolled Thunder slip ons.....I like em!
  3. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

I had no Idea you sold your bike... Congrats my man... You have just gotta be tickled over that one... I really do hope you find the exhaust you are looking for... Enjoy!!!:)
  4. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

HEY BRO, I WENT WITH V&H TRUE DUAL BIG SHOTS ON MY 07 ROAD KING SCREAMIN EAGLE, I HAVE ABOUT 2 TO 3,000 MILES ON THEM, I NOTICED YESTERDAY AND SO DID THE ONES RIDING WITH ME THAT THEY ARE GETTING LOUDER AND DEEPER, HAVE A GOOD SOUND WHEN IDLING AND WHEN U TWIST THE THROTTLE THEY DO SOUND OFF, WE JUST CAME BACK FROM MYRTLE BEACH FALL RALLEY, SEVERAL PEOPLE ASK ME WHAT KIND OF PIPES THEY WERE AND IF I AM RUNNING BAFFLES OR NOT, SO GUESS THEY SOUND PRETTY GOOD. I HAD THOUGHT ABOUT INSTALLING BCT THUNDER MONSTER BAFFLES IN THEM BUT THINK I'LL WAIT AND PUT SOME MORE MILES ON THEM FIRST TO SEE IF THEY GET ANY BETTER.

DKIN21

LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD:rocket_bike:
  5. Peyts

Peyts New Member

So you DID see me at Sturgis! :roflmao:
  6. Peyts

Peyts New Member

A buddy of mine has a set of V&H on his Road King... they sound awesome, but just not loud enough for me. I think he has the basics or ovals, though...
  7. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

I RAN THE CLASSIC (BASICS) AS WELL, THEN WENT TO THE BIG SHOTS, THESE TWO ARE ENTIRLEY DIFFERENT ANIMALS, CAN'T EVEN COMPARE THE TWO AS FAR AS SOUND OR PERFORMANCE. BELEIVE ME I HAVE SPENT OVER 2500.00 IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS ON MY LOW RIDER AND ROAD KING GETTING THE SOUND I WANT.

DKIN21

LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
  8. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Well I ended up buying Rush slip-ons with the 2.5" baffles. Should be here this week... I will let you know what they sound like once they are installed. Supposed to be loud, and the price point was awesome. I'll keep ya informed!
  9. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

I run a set of Cycle Shack slip ons with rocket tips on my 02 RK. Not as loud as the Hookers on my fat boy but a nice throaty sound, look nice too. Al

Attached Files:

10. bcnasty

bcnasty New Member

I have a set of Rush 2.25 on my 07 classic. They have gotten louder with use and I also installed a fullsac true dual conversion. They , in my opinion sound great at idle and when you twist the throttle they really scream.
    BC