1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by sbeamer, Jun 12, 2006.

1. sbeamer

sbeamer New Member

I was reading here last night and I can't find the post I eas at!! It was about SERT. I think it was narrated by Cowboy. I'm not even sure about that. I had a question about the SERT vs powercommander. Or any other management system, for that matter. Question is, which system is the best in YOUR opinion, and why. Cost not being a factor?????????/ Thanks
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I wennt with the PC 111 because they have so many different maps for the HD reguradless of pipes & air cleaner set up you may run , like me I have the V&H true dules with samson ovel slip on's with the SE stage one air cleaner , on my 03 E glide & with very little searching there was the map just for my set up on the power commander site so the choice was easy for me to make sert is still building up there map's for all the different models & combo set up's
  3. sbeamer

sbeamer New Member

Thanks. I guess it will be kind of fun learning how to play w/ new toys!
  4. Seahag

Seahag New Member

The best is the one the tuner of your choice is most experienced and comfortable with.

I've heard too many reports of guys buying the SERT and going to a certified power commander center and getting a bad tune because the guy is trying to learn how to use the SERT while tuning your bike.

Look for a reputable, accomplished tuner and ask him which he likes to use.

Just for comparison sake though...

The SERT has almost twice as many points of adjustment as the PC III...something like 250 cells vs. 470....and then you have the Jims EFI system that has something like 1300 cells for fine tuning...which may be overkill for anyone except the pro drag racers looking for every last drop of power.