1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Help

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by fujimo, Mar 3, 2008.

1. fujimo

fujimo New Member

well i got on this thing to ask for some help,,, got a 03 ultra,,, stage one ,,gear drive smallest cam ,,, i put a pair of 2 into one bassani on ,,, have had 3 different h.d. dealers and cohn put in 3 different maps and dyno it,,,, cohn has a trophy he won ,,about 5 feet tall for most h.p. pulled out of a twin cam,,, national,,, i have downloaded 3 different maps myself,,, cannot get mileage better than 37 per gal,,, also have installed a 6 speed baker,,, bike runs like a r////ed ape,,, i now have the p.c. dialed back to two nothces up,,, from bottem,,, bassani also gave me two different maps to TRY,,, come on brain trust,,, pops
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

it could be ya get what ya get, depends have you went to the doctor and had the main fuel milage problem checked, wristtwistitise, they say it is treatable and milage will increase, but :roflmao: it could cause anal leakage, so I deal with the milage instead:roflmao:
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Did they simply try different canned maps or did they spend 2 to 3 hours tuning the map, at all rpms/throttle positions and design a custom map for your bike?

Dropping a map in there JMO is never going to work on every bike, to many variables.

I would get it dyno tuned properly you should be able to ride the snot out of it and have tons of power when you need it or get 40+ mpg at cruise.
  4. fujimo

fujimo New Member

dyno

thnx ,,,i have had it dyno by one of the best there is,,, in fact was in latus motors one day and two bikes there from about 1000 miles away,, because the owners said latus had the best,,, so had them do it,,,same as cohn,,,who i believe made it run better than other two,,,, paridise being other,,, gas is way up now,,, and we leave in may,,, probably another 15000 mile journey,,,, 4 or 5 miles more is a lot in that distance,,, i tuned p.c. back to two bars up last nite,,, we will be out for 300 miles tomoro ,,,so will see,,, i think if this does not work i will pull 2 into 1 off and put on stock headers and bassani mufflers i have,,, had them on road king ,,,made it run grt,,, but they are butt ugly as they stick out behind long ways,,,may not look as bad on ultra,,,, the map thing we can do ourselves,,,, hasent mattered how much we tune it,,,,pops
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

It depends on what the goals were to the tuner, most tune for max power at all positions and rarely care about mileage but it can be done on a SERT and PCIIIusb unit.

Basically the afr target for 3500 and below at 25 to 30% throttle should be about 14.2 to 14.5, this will give you the fuel mileage you are looking for when you are cruising and then set afr targets at 13.2 to 13.5 for performance
  6. fujimo

fujimo New Member

yup

i agree,,,they all tune for power,,, told last two wanted mileage,,,they cannot seem to lower themselves to do it.... so ,,, rode 300 miles and started from two bars up on p.c.,,, ended up my idle is great at one,,, mid is about 3,,, left hi at three ,,,but will give it one more tomoro,,, a little sluggish at times ,,,but does still climb cline mountain and gain speed all the way up,,, before i have hit bottem at 65 and cleared top at 100 plus,,,, wont now,,, but mileage is 42,,,,,big difference,,, wont get to maps till sat,,, have a long trip romoro,,, seeing as how there is no map for bassani,,, i think i will go back to stage one with screaming eagle muff,,, it is loaded with stage one ,,, cam ,,,and tru duel vance and hines,,, tried it with two other exhaust maps and had it dynoed after,,, does not seem to make a bit of diff,,, same 90 to93 h.p. and 89 90 torq,,, dealer and dyno people told me it would not run without p.c.,,,they are wrong,,, they will,,, i am at the point i have checked about price to put carb on,,,, in fact have muccini that will fit,,, which brings me to this,,,have you ever heard or rode an inj bike that acts just like a carbed one,,, mine does,,, cold it sounds like 95,,,95 inch i ride with,,, oh my numb,,,from dyno is rite where you say,,,thnx,,,,pops