1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hey Af Nurse

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Feb 5, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

and any other members to the north....how are ya fairing during this storm???? i hope all are ok.....
  2. rickster

rickster New Member

just came in from digging out from the first round of this snow tonight, already 4-6" & I think that much more possible through tomorrow morning here in central Iowa. Thanks for thinking of us up here Chuck, haven't rode since Nov. & get a little jealous hearing all of those who have been riding. Oh well, got a local swap meet this week end so that should get my mind back on the bike.
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

it's cold... again, I'm tired of cold :gah:
    It,s windy......again, tired of wind :cussing:
    it snowed ......again, but we need the moister but tired of the snow :rant:

then again we're used to it, just tired and ready for spring.can't beat the spring and summer. hope you all an hang in there it's gitt'n better. :D
  4. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Some snow, wind, and cold again. Thats normal here in NW Iowa though. Saw on the news that in between Texas and Iowa, there's some real rough storms. Hope the tornadoes and severe thunderstorms missed everyone.
  5. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I'm about ready for spring myself. We haven't had as much as the mid west but still have had enough. My wife and I keep discussing moving to a warmer climate but it's tough to do with family, friends, work and all.
  6. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I closed a window.....left the heat off, bit chilly this morning..... windy, for my ride into work, along with 40 degrees made me think I should have added one more layer...otherwise, all was ok. NICE ride home from work today....other then all the managment BS that I had to deal with today!! :banghead:
  7. chucktx

well, that type of stuff happens when ya movin on up!!!!!!!!!:D ;)
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

got cold (35) & wet over night , today I hobble out to the garage to start my bike & the damn 5yr old battery is dead , havent had the go power to try to go that far since the surgery (knee) , I have sat here & read about all who are out riding , & listen to all the bikes go by the house :( but hope all are enjoying it as I'll be back in the saddle soon :D
  9. AFNurse

Ya, I know....I am dealing with a move/merger of 2 units into one area.....so THAT is a pain...switching rooms, offices, phone numbers, computers, and all that crap..... THEN on top of that, have a young troop that just doesn't care.... if she doesn't watch her step, will get kicked out of the military with 1 kid (just found out expecting again), no real income other then the military, and if she goes, will be with either General or dishonorable discharge paperwork.......she just doen't get it, and gives the impression that she really doesn't care even if she DID get it.......almost gives me the "I am 5th generation welfare ranger and PROUD of it" type of attitude......military doesn't like that kind of attitude.....it will pay you, provide benifits, and various other things, BUT you gotta DO your job.....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :fight: :gah:
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

a bunch of retired NASA space monkeys would have a better attitude than most here also and wouldn't be suprised if they done a better job also, but what do ya do
  11. AFNurse

continue the papertrail documenting poor attitude and performance until the magic amount is done to force the boot......I don't want MY taxes going to the military to pay her for work she isn't doing....but then I guess my taxes will go to pay her welfare also....damn...no win situation!:banghead: :wtf:
  12. chucktx

hehehehe....we also thank you for your taxes!!!!!

Attached Files:

13. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

ABOUT 3 FEET AND STILL PILEING UP:banghead: HAD TO SHOVEL OFF THE CARPORT THE OTHER DAY BECAUSE IT STARTED BUCKLING. THEY SAY IT'S BEEN THE WORST WINTER HERE IN ABOUT 20 YEARS. SO FAR THE WORST SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE. SUPOSED TO GET IN THE 40'S THIS WEEKEND, HOPEFULLY GET SOME MELT DOWN. THEN WE CAN JUST ICE SKATE EVERY WHERE.
  14. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

so much for "global warming", huh?
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Last night I had to shut the sliding glass doors on the patio, and turn on the AC!, just kidding it got cool down here we had a bit of frost on the rooftops down in the 40s
  16. chucktx

not kidding......a/c during the day, heat at nite..........only had about a week of cold (to me) weather not fit to ride in,,,,,,painted the bike that week. did about 500 or so miles this weekend,,,,,,,,,nice. did it in tshirt also,,,:)
  17. AFNurse

I have only had 3-4 days this year that my wife found it too cold for me to ride..... not worth the fight if I would have ridden those days....so drove the truck..... SHE thinks that anything less then 35 is NOT riding weather.....actually, she would think that number is MUCH higher, but won't argue with me until it goes below 35...... Now....I have yet to see but MAYBE one day this year that isn't fit to ride....least to and from work!!!
  18. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

well I still can't ride so i had my grand son bring the tractor from the barn & I mowed the front lawn yesterday G tractor is a auto trans & the G son rode his mini bike around the yard & kept checking on me front yard is just under a acre:D