1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

hey

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Nov 18, 2006.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

well it appears the place is still open.....but no posters.....y'all some where else??
    chuck
  2. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I'm still here, Chuck. I've tried some of the others, but it just ain't the same. Too many folks posting on too many subjects. I hope this one can stay up. I noticed that you and some of the others are volunteering to keep it going. I'll kick in and help any way I can. I haven't been here long but I read every post and think I'm learning a lot. Let's don't let it die.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup, i feel the same at the other sites.......way to big, i kinda like the sit around the campfire feel i get here.....
    chuck
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I have been too busy to post recently.....after my "painting experiance...." I have now changed my oil and primary fluids.....oh what fun THAT was (this was my first attempt at turning my own wrench on something like this)..... 3 of 5 of my primary cover T37 screw heads were stripped out..... ended up using a dremel to cut a slot in each one to get a strait bit screwdriver on them....replaced them with new screws..... but, things seem to be running ok now.... put up the base board trim, and am looking at making a Sturgis run next year...Father in law is from Iowa....was down for a couple days.....he may be riding also....figure if I can get leave and such, 10 days, 5k miles or so....should be fun! just had to discuss some of the logistics with him, will do more planning as time progresses. Then, today, went with the family up to San Marcos to do some clothes shopping for my 5 year old, then went on up to Buda to the Cabela"s....spent too much money, but isn't that ever the case??!! :eek: :D Now tomorrow, am on call for work....am hoping that they DON"T call.....will wait and see!:rolleyes:
  5. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Hey,,, is anyone going to step up and volunteer be the manager? I don’t think it would be all that hard to run, once everything is up and running. My computer skills are minimal, and to be perfectly honest, I’m a little abrasive and short tempered. So, lets have a volunteer before its too late.
  6. hookvnv

hookvnv New Member

killer-b i agree with you i cant do it but im willing to donate money,but some one has to do it real soon or its goin to be gone.then it will be to late for someone to say i woulda done it.whoever woulda done it when its to late DO IT NOW......PLEASE....AS I ENJOY IT HERE ALSO.....hook
  7. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

I'm sitting here with my check book in hand, lets make this happen.
  8. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

Even the Tech posts seem to have stalled out. I'm thinking that a lot of people that got here through the store web site can no longer find their way because of it being shut down. If it hadn't been for email notification of replies to my posts, I may have had trouble too.

Is there anyway of notifying forum members of the link to get here?

I'm also ready to put up some bucks to help out here. Just waiting for direction.

Think positive.
  9. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

Another thought...We've lost a lot of good tech articles with the shut down of the directparts site. Any chance these articles could be resurected somehow?