1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Holy crap, I like this!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

2. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

That is a pretty nice retro look for the XL. I like it myself. Everyone else is doing the retro thing, why not Harley?
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

It's the street tracker treatment. I personally love the fact it has 17" wheels on it to get the good rubber, but some don't like the look. But, trackers use 19s front and rear, equal size rims, so it fits the look. It uses downdraft throttle bodies and EFI, too. :D

Actually, while looking a little like a tracker's seat and being painted in Harley racing orange, the seat sort of resembles the old XLCR. Man, I like it, though. I don't know if it'll be available here, for export to Europe. It shouldn't stay on show rooms long over there. Horsepower figures sound like the Buell XB9. They're talking 80-90, but that's probably at the crank of course. It's certainly enough to be entertaining and the suspension and wheels and gound clearance it seems to have will be quite useful on a twisty road.
  4. Goose

Goose New Member

Here's the styling the bike is meant to mimic. It's the XR750, Harley's all conquering race bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]