1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Holy crap

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I think I really am becoming a famous biker chick. At least locally famous for now. If I can just get a settlement, quit my job, and write the book...

Check this out - the second bullet point:

Shoot - too big to upload and don't have anything here to change it. It's an ad for Thunder Mountain's Ladies' Night that says, "Inspirational riding stories spoken by the Biker Chick herself, Abby Clabough, of Biker Chick Magazine."

:roflmao:

Now if I can just get the Motor Company to put me on their payroll to ride around and talk about riding. :D
  2. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

That is pretty cool. Someday we will all be able to say, "Yeah we knew her when" :roflmao: . Best wishes.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Congrets on the good news :cool: Just keep looking ahead it's starts local then you'll have the world reading you book
    is it on thunder mountians home page ,If so just post there link
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

5. smiley7661

smiley7661 New Member

very nice.. is that a picture of you?
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

congrats abby.......you are on the right road......just be paitent!!!!!

and smiley, sadly that is not abby, it is a model......abby is much better looking, and has a smile that will warm any outlaws heart!!!!:)
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

8. SK

SK New Member

That's too cool Abby, keep up the good work. Women need a voice in motorcycling and you're a great example.

I recognize the dealership, as I stopped in Loveland for coffee on my way to the Loveland/Ft Collins airport 2 months ago (my lady friend's daughter lives in Longmont) to fly back to Las Vegas. Allegiant Air flies non-stop between the two airports.
  9. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Congrats Abby. Really neat.
  10. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Abby - C'mon, lady! Dump the "future" and get it out there! The market is ripe for your adventures, experience and perspective - why else is H-D hunting the new female rider so hard with it's ads? There are a TON of 'em out there, many still on smaller rides (Hondas, Kawis, Yammies etc) without the confidence or support to know they can handle the open road.....confidence and support YOU could give 'em. And as I type this I know you already friggin' know this, so pull the friggin' trigger and get that bull's eye already!! Ignore any rejections and perservere. You might even make Oprah's list, if you don't insinuate that this is a great country with fine people in it, that is.....:roflmao: :witsend: :eek: :roflmao:

P.S. Don't forget to tell 'em about the other riders that let ya change your oil in their garage!
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm having the hardest time finding the time to write. If I can just get enough of a settlement to support myself for at least 6 months, I'd quit my job to write the book.

I'll get to it. I need to make the time. :gah:
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im pullin for ya abby........i really feel you have it in you, and i also feel you will be successful!!!!! you have the ability, and i also feel the time is right!!!! good luck!!
  13. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Write the BOOK

Abby, , first congrats sorry they are dated but haven't slowed down enough to open the laptop. If I could give some advise on writing:
    Much of it is discipline and overcoming the "blank page" terror. A friend of mine who is both a writer and professor, teaching creative writing at a University in OK gave me this advise when he was mentoring me. Two pages a day. Period, no excuses, no BS. Before you go to bed at night you knock out at least two pages. Don't worry about chronological order or even continuing what you wrote the day before. That's what editing is about. JUST WRITE. Some days 2 pages will be like pulling teeth sometimes you come back to yourself, and 3 hrs have passed and you have a novelette. (If you have time constraints set a timer to help keep it together.) Don't worry about typos and spelling and the like thats where proof reading comes in, just let the stories flow. As to publishing, lot's of ways to go. If you submit anything make sure that you A) cover your butt first. Copyright the material PLUS as you go along print out copies of what you have written every week or two and mail them to yourself. DON'T OPEN it. The sealed envelope and postmar establish when the work was written. B) Be prepared to recieve LOT"S of rejection notices. Every writer does so. Don't take it as either a putdown of your work or your talents. Publishers are interested in the bottom line. If they don't think they can turn a healthy profit, no matter how much they love the book personally they will turn it down. Since you have a following locally, you might think about publishing it yourself and selling it both online ( I would buy a copy, so you have one sale already, :) ). Sell them at bike events complete with autograph, donate a copy to a few charity raffle etc. A lot of times doing this creates a ripple and the publishers come to you.
    Hope this gives you some ideas to ponder and gets you motivated to write. Because, hey, I am waiting to buy my copy......Ride Free
  14. cowboy

Abby I do think grey bear gave you some good advice , I like most members here I have read you blog & it has always kept me wanting to read more form you & that says a lot on my end as most of me reading come from this darn computer & every once in a while my son will give me a bike mag he's done with so I'll thrumb through it unlike reading your stuff , I don't read the news paper unless the wife wants to show me a article
  15. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Thanks Grey Bear. I think my problem is feeling like I need to write it all in order. That's all good advice. No excuses!
  16. smiley7661

smiley7661 New Member

Put me down for a copy also..now your up to 2.
  17. cowboy

She's up a whole lot more then 2 , I just bet most of anyone who read her blog will buy at least one copy :D I know of a few people I told about her & her ride blog would like to read it as well two thumbs up here:cool: