1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Holy s***. This happened this weekend!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

2. CD

CD Guest

Sad, isn't it? Probably a scared young girl with no idea what to do...Results in a baby dieing needlessy and a person in jail or mentally tormented (one would think) the rest of here life.

It got so bad down here they passed a law that allows a newborn to be dropped off at a hospital no questions asked. Has worked pretty as I cannot remember the last time I heard of this type of tragedy.
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

That's a sad fact about this, we have that law, too!
  4. Painter55

Painter55 New Member

Baby tossing happens all the time in Chicago. At least twice a year, I hear about these tragedies spawned by obviously mentally ill women.
  5. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I hear of this in Boston from time to time as well. We have a similar law here too. I haven't heard of it as often since it was passed but still hear of it now and then. I have also heard of a few being dropped off at churches and hospitals over the years.

One has to already be in a pretty sad state if they are willing to just dump a baby in the trash. Especially, if it can be dropped off somewhere else with no questions asked. There was obviously some consious thought as to the outcome for the baby.
  6. Goose

Goose New Member

7. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Truly sad.
  8. AFBombBldr

AFBombBldr New Member

When I lived in Vegas they passed the law in Nevada, it is also law here in NC.

She should rot in her cell.

Joe
  9. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Sad stuff

Such is life in a throwaway society I reckon, but ****. I was sitting here reading about that and thinking about a partner of mine and his old lady. She can't have any kids. They have spent enough to send one through Yale trying. And people like this toss one out like yesterdays newspaper. Never been able to figure how a woman could carry a kid, feel life growing in her for 9 months, then ditch it. Mine I was hooked the first time I laid eyes on them in the hospital nursery. Gotta be a special Hell for such that pull this sort of crap......Ride Free