1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Home

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Home now. Well over 3,500 miles done. A few less than I had planned, but I got lazy at times.

It has been an amazing trip. London UK to Turkey and back. There are so many high points, to many to list. Magic tunnels, riding the back roads of Turkey, meeting others on the road, mountains, sun, sea. It has been fantastic. If anyone is interested there is a load more detail over on the travelblog.

Chuck, thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

The Harley handled like a dream all the way, no mechanical problems. I got stuck in deep gravel once, but that got sorted. I thought it was shallow gravel over concrete on a steep upward slope. I was wrong. Went dead slow, the rear tire dug a hole. Had to go backwards down the slope, then start again, not going quite so slow. This worked fine.

Some of the road surfaces in Turkey left a lot to be desired, but the bike handled all with ease.

Today, back in the UK, I encountered the worst driving of the whole trip. The standard of driving in this country really is utterly appalling compared to that in France and Italy, even the standard of driving in Greece and Turkey was far better than what I encountered today.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad you and your lovely new bride are back home safe and sound!!! your blog is great, and informative.....like a small history lesson. thanks for sharing it!!!! welcome home!!