1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Honda or Chopper

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Feb 10, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i like the looks, but not the shaft drive.........
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep it's a good looking bike , but also looks like a cross between the Victory 8 Ball & A HD Duece
  4. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I have seen pics of this before. A seriously good looking bike. No matter what we might think Honda (and other Japanese moco's), they do at times come up with great designs.

A plus is the chrome will probably last longer. Japanese chrome seems to withstand winter and road salt better. I'm less fussed about the shaft drive than the water cooling.

I think I might sort myself a test ride at some point. I'm interested to find out how it handles.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

what's road salt:roflmao:
  6. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Very funny :)

Give me until 2011 and I'll be living near Izmir, Turkey, and never encounter road salt again.
  7. chucktx

hehehehehe.........
  8. FLHTbiker

Knowing Honda I'll bet those pipes sound pretty bad wonder if a good set will be available however it will never sound like a Harley or even a Victory.
  9. The Reg

The Reg New Member

No 'Road Salt' here...some Air Salt from the Indian Ocean though.
  10. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

That's the stuff that sticks with the sand on your tires after you ride the bike on the beach.
  11. charlieharley0057

charlieharley0057 New Member

You keeping safe

1. road salt is a special application that you apply in the winter months to give you something to do after a short ride like two hours cleaning. :rolleyes:
    2. Just saw your location. hope you and yours are safe and well away from the fires. :)
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

looks like a cross between an arlen and OCC or big dog and OCC ethier way its not appealing to me, coarse it took a little bit to come to grips with the new 1200 sporty, the v-rod, the new dodges heck it must be a change thang
  13. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Yeh, too true.

As soon as I get a weekend above freezing and the salt is gone, I sense a short trip out to Wiltshire. Until then... I'll let the salt try to kill the Yamaha.
  14. chucktx

sure would like to see some pics from down there......riding or other......:)
  15. FLHTbiker

Man, I would love to ride through Australia.
  16. charlieharley0057

I would love to ride anywhere with dry roads, a bit of sun, cold beer and temps above bloody freezing. Roll on Spring (As we don't have summers anymore in the UK just a rainy season ;) )
  17. The Reg

The Reg New Member

Thanks CharlieHarley....yep all safe here at present....Thanks
  18. FLHTbiker

:eek: You ever think of moving?
    We get rain here in the Pacific Northwest to but the summers are great as well as the Indian Summer days in the fall, which gives us some of the best riding in the country. We even get some nice days in the winter occasionally that were able to get out and ride like last saturday, HOG chapter ride 60 degrees.

I do remember the girls from the UK that I have meant have sure been fine. Remember one while on leave in Hong Kong when in the military in Viet Nam that was sooooo gooooood loooking. Was at a bar and asked her to dance and she said with a shocked look your a yank, NO. So me and the Aussies I meant up with drank more beer and then went out and kicked some British military butts (no offense to you though) . What fun we had back then and man still remember that young gal from the UK she was so beautiful. So it may rain a lot there but the UK does produce some fine looking women. :)
  19. charlieharley0057

60 in winter

Hi FLHTbiker.
    I didn't say I didn't ride in winter :rolleyes: just that it would be nice if the temp got above 6*. I was at a rally last weekend called the snowplough camping out both nights, it dropped well below 0*. But apart from the cold it was great to be able to party with like minded people away from the work environment. As for the girls, I think its the old story about not seeing what is under your nose. ;) A couple of years back now I came over for Daytona Bike week and there were some real crackers to be seen everywhere we went. ;) and we went everywhere. :D :cool: :D
  20. FLHTbiker