1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hooker True Dual Exhaust

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by EGlide, Sep 2, 2004.

1. EGlide

EGlide New Member

Has anyone purchased and installed the "Optional muffler cartridge" for the Tuned Flow exhaust?
    I copied this paragraph from the Web site "Optional muffler cartridge create a more mellow sound while increasing low end performance.
    Straight tuning cores offer fine tuning of pipes without sound control by creating a 3rd step and changing primary length."

I am curious how they perform in a stage 1 bagger application. I have been playing with the adjustment going from max torque setting to half way in between max torque and max HP. I have reviewed a dyno run with this system in which they run a torque and HP evaluation between these two settings. It seems that this muffler produces quite a bit more torque and does not really lose any significant HP until you reach above 4500 RPMs. with the max torque setting (most quiet) I dont run my bike that high an RPM anyway!

I guess If the max torque setting is producing very good torque and HP
    acroos the lower and mid rpm range, how much improvement would this quieter core baffle produce? :)

Mike