1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hot Rider Had A Bad Day

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 21, 2014.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Today I was outside teaching my daughter how to mow the yard. Hot Rider was out grocery shopping. She gets home holding the package sent from BaggerPaul, it was the cams. I was standing there and she asks if I knew anyone that rode an orange Street Glide? I said no and asked why. She told me that on her way home she came across an accident involving two cars and the bike. She said she had drive by as that is how they were directing traffic. As she drove by, they were lifting him onto the stretcher. As she was telling me this, she broke into tears. I asked her if she was ok. She was pretty shaken up. Still is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

That's a drag. Hopefully the rider is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  3. JohnnyBiker

:confused:
    Won't know until the paper comes out.

4. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Took daughter to local Yamaha dealer to visit a friend and look at helmets for her for fourwheeler and maybe streetbike riding with me. Friend was involved in fatal multiple motorcycle accident last year where mutual friend passed away and his wife was injured. Daughter declined trying on any helmets as she was worried I would make her go on the back of my bike. She still remembers the sad times of the funeral
    I left store a bit depressed.
  5. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Hopefully time will heal her...Death can happen in any sport/occupation...
  6. JohnnyBiker

She will be OK I think. Just the first time any of us have been that close to a fellow biker in that kind of situation. It was hard to see her that upset. :(

7. Roadster guy

Just reread and realised how insensitive my post was to your concern. Sorry.
    Tell your wife if he left on a stretcher it is a good sign he (or she) will be OK. It's the accidents that there is no hustle in the first responders actions that worry me.
  8. JohnnyBiker

I sure hope so. But yes, he wasn't covered or anything.
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Might be that when she started to cry that she was thinking that, that could have been you. Maybe she worries about you.
  10. JohnnyBiker

I am sure that that did go through her mind. Thanks.;)
  11. Roadster guy

Make sure everyone gets extra hugs today so she is well aware it wasn't you.
  12. JohnnyBiker

I will. I have been asking her if she is OK and she seems to be. The cages in this town drive with head so far up their ass that it is difficult to explain. And it gets worse every year!
  13. Roadster guy

Yeah, aren't cellphones, touchscreen heater controls, GPS units dangling from windshields, and sound deadening materials in interiors now all great improvements in our lives? We are going to modernize ourselves to death someday!
  14. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

When this happens there is just no consoling the people that care about you. Even we all know that this happens, we've all seen it and it sucks but we are addicted to much to find a new hobby. The only lesson we can take from it is to STAY ALERT! And make sure your bike is in good working order specially the brakes.
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  15. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Hope the guy makes it. But he could have been seriously hurt. I understand HotRider's concern. We saw a guy on a panhead chopper take a turn too wide and his front wheel caught a curb and down he went. He had just passed us and got right in front of us and there was a lot of traffic. We pulled over and I ran over to the guy and he was conscious but not moving. Stayed with him awhile and told him I was going to call an ambulance. No cell phones in those days. Mac the Wife was very concerned. We drove off in our VW bus as we were holding up traffic in our lane and found a phone booth.
  16. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Phone booths and VW buses. I can picture a lot of tie-died fabric and bell bottoms in this scenario lol.

I have the best situation with my wife than any of you.... my wife wishes I was dead. "sure honey, you look better without a helmet......"
    FLHTbiker likes this.
  17. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Might be that all this stuff about you building a bigger badder engine for your bike Johnny has her worried?

Josh, both my older brother and I had VW buses, they were cool. I used to borrow my brothers VW camper bus when taking girlfriends to a drive-in movie theater when I was in High School . :D
  18. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    Yup. The VM bus was the true "love bug".
  19. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

We actually lived in ours for a while. Tight quarters and with a big dog, too :rolleyes:.
  20. JohnnyBiker

Just got back from a 110 jont with Hot Rider. About 20 miles from home I was ready to take a left and the car at the intersection decided it was his turn to go. HMMMM, I had the right of way. I was prepared and was covering just in case anyhow but what an idiot! I mean I was like 10 feet away from him too!
    Tomflhrci98 likes this.