1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hot01's last day

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

This was taken at the HOG rally the day before I was hit. I know it looks like I'm losing the slow race, but I won this round. 3rd place overall - I realized I need to practice from a dead stop. Not bad for a first try. [​IMG]
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great pic!!!!! thanks. how bout one with the trophy??
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Are ya really gonna put "HOT01" out to pasture? A shame if ya do, especially if she wasn't totalled. But your call....just get back riding soon.
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Not the motorcycle, just the tag. I started crying when the estimator said, "salvage yard". She's not going anywhere! I've applied for a new tag, but if I can't get it, I'll probably stick with Hot01.

Chuck, no trophy. They only had trophies for first and second place. :( Next year.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good pic , & don't liston the the insurence notheads , if it's just the softail that's bent those can be swaped out , it's the main frame that's a little harder to fix , you can also keep your hot01 bike & just take a small lost on your pay out from the insurence CO & not have a salvage title , we did this when my oldest son crok rocket was wrecked & he bank the money till he had enough to buy a new bike out right , & still rode the rocket till he had his new bike , then sold the old one with a good title :cool:
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

No, it's fine. Well, almost fine. Nothing's wrong with the frame, motor or softail. I'm just not calling it Hot01 anymore. I'm changing the plate. It's a totally new bike, except for the transmission and maybe a bolt or two at this point. New since December anyway. The upgraded motor, cams, wheels and some other stuff over the winter, and now everything that needs to be replaced from the wreck, including the paint job.

My baby isn't going anywhere. If they had tried to total it, I would have got it back.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I must have miss read it , That's good to hear , & by the way how's your hand comming along ?
  8. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    New Names

Glad its just the name you're retiring, The pics were cool. Hope you are on the mend and that you will be back in the wind soon.
    Ride Free.....
  9. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

I think that's a great looking bike, glad you're keeping it. Love those saddlebags.