1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

How do I keep the rear wheels clean?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by deweylsmith, Jul 11, 2015.

1. deweylsmith

deweylsmith Active Member

I have been having problems finding a product to keep my wheels clean. Ive tried different ones, but they just leave"stains" on the chrome. Soap and water just don't remove these marks. Any suggestions?
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell from your photo of the trike but do you have the dreaded aluminum wheels? If so could it actually be oxidation of the aluminum that you are seeing? It looks like stains but is actually the surface of the aluminum corroding. If that's the case only a good metal polish like Simichrome or Mothers used with a buffing wheel on a drill will polish it out BUT, it will return unless you follow up with a clear coat after buffing.
  3. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Never dull works well for me but it will take a lot of time...I do it once a year on both wheels...
  4. deweylsmith

deweylsmith Active Member

I picked up wheel Clean from Mothers, but it seemed to leave stains on the rims, anyplace that was sprayed. I guess I need more elbow grease.
  5. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Yup...I jack the bike up and spin the wheel with one hand and hold a wad of never dull in the other and it works fine...
  6. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Well I use a product called bike Brite .it works excellent and it's pH level is great for chrome and paint no issues spray it on a light scrub is all that's needed .now what I have found that works excellent for wire wheel also after washing to keep the spokes from getting nasty and dull is pledge furniture polish leaves a protective coating and shines them up beautiful. Jmho
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

All of those methods work well if you use a little elbow grease and take your time.