1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

How it's supposed to be

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I finally found a place to live. I'm wayyyy out in the country, living in a small house on a farmstead. No sharing walls with anyone. Yay! I can grow some stuff, and my bike stays in the barn. I can see the snow-covered peaks in the distance and probably all the way to Nebraska or Kansas or both. The couple that owns the place lives next door in the farmhouse and are great people. Their dog is getting used to my motorcycle and now just runs alongside me rather than at me. :roflmao:

Even if I were over in Fort Collins, I'd have to commute on the weekends down to the Denver area, and this place is no farther away from my most of my classes than Fort Collins is. It's awesome! Once I get settled I can be out here in solitude and do some writing!
  2. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Glad you found your place... Cool... Now if I can just find mine with my job nearby, I'll be stoked... Peace...:)
  3. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Sounds great Abbey,

I'd love to stop by sometime on my way to Sturgis or whatever and help you with your garden ... if you know what I mean.:D
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

where did ya wind up at abby? east? son and i were at tmhd this past weekend was a nice ride had me wonderin where ya wound up.
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm 5 miles north and 8 miles east of Greeley. As the crow flies, from TMHD, go 25 miles east and 5 miles north.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

good for you!!!! i knew you would land on your feet!!!!!! how about a pic or two of the new digs?????
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Ya beat me to it Chuck, a pic would be great. Sounds really great Abby, nothing like peace and some solitude, we love it here outside the city.
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

OK, let's see if I can get this to work.

You can't see the mountains in the picture, but you can in real life. Also, that big cloud in the western view is a severe thunderstorm - just got the announcement on the television.

Attached Files:

9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

good plains ridin and not far from the "hills" your probably gettin as tired of the wind and rain as i although its green, get time head out east pierce and up through kimball ne, to just south of the wild cat hills to lagrange up to lusk over I 25 north to saville canyon to laramie, down to 287 and home its a long day but nice ride.
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Look's like you have it all nice place with fire place good views & away from the rat race :cool:
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

wow, i really like it!! great views!!cool little house also. looked like i could see hills in the second pic on the left side.......very nice abby, very happy for you!
  12. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Congrats. Very nice.