1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

How to get handle to stick to handlebar omg

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by fubar, Apr 20, 2008.

1. fubar

fubar New Member

i got new handlebars this winter 10 inch risers .but when i got it back my handle was loose ,friends said he put soap on musta not worked i tried soap ,lock tite nothing wtf ,then i sanded chrome and tried lock tite again this morning still loose M%^&$#@ F*^&%$# any ideas thx fubar
  2. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

not sure what you mean by handle. do you mean the trottle:confused:
  3. fubar

fubar New Member

the grip on left side of handle bars
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

try using a small amount of 3M weatherstriping cement..............:)
  5. fubar

fubar New Member

thx chuck i figured u would have a good idea u old dog :cool:
  6. duke76

duke76 New Member

Make sure you clean off any oil used in removeal, I have used hairspray, gorilla glue and super glue and weatherstrip adhesive all with great results, Todd
  7. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

I use the glue that the H-D brand grips come with.You can purchase it at any motorcycle accessory store.I have used general purpose contact cement & worked as well.I would also recommend heating the bar area up before applying the adhesive/installing of grip with a 1000+ watt. hair dryer to better activate your glue.Good-luck! 00 wildglide:cool: :D
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

all I use is Hair spray , I raid my Daughters can I never had one come loose yet in many years
  9. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Better get that soap off there! Soap helps get grips on that are tight to begin with, but that don't seem to be your problem. If it is still in there it will degrade most any sticking agent you apply. Good luck!
  10. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

:roflmao: Loose grips must be a thing right now. My buddy and I took Friday as a GTFO day and put about 300 on our bikes. All at once my buddy's turnsignal came on (no where to turn) and his bike started squirming something horrible. Then just as fast as it started the bike was back in line and the light was off. :wtf: . Next stop was a Foodland (grocery store). Again :wtf: , we just ate and had a drink. It was for superglue :roflmao: . He asked me if I seen the little stunt he pulled. Well yeah A-hole you were right in front of me. He then handed me his throttle grip. Thank God it was only the grip portion not the control itself. This is the second set of Kuryakyn grips to do this on him (same type and side both times). I really think it is his fault more than the grips. He sets the thumbscrew and then twists the grip. I think he sets it too tight then eventually breaks the glue loose. Superglue seems to fix it though LOL.
  11. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

hairspray

works good think it was already mentioned though.