1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hypercharger vacuum adapter for EFI???

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by murrdog, Apr 30, 2006.

1. murrdog

murrdog New Member

Hey I just installed a hypercharger on my 06 deluxe today and at the top of the installation page it says Kuryakyn is currently developing a vacuum adapter.

Does anyone know about this, when or is it out on the market?

oh and if you dont hook up the vacuum the butterflies just stay open? does this reverse when you hook it up?? instruction dont say Crap

Thanks for the help
  2. Oscar Softluxe

Oscar Softluxe New Member

Hypercharger

murrdog , I have a '06 Deluxe too. What model is your hyper charger. I am planning to install one too. Is it easy to install? Could you post a picture of it?
  3. murrdog

murrdog New Member

I will try to get a pic as soon as I can. It was pretty easy to install. I was just a little disappointed that the vacuum doesnt work. It looks really cool and seems to help performace(from the stock what wouldnt). I will get a picture on here just been working long hours. Oh and it is a pro r hypercharger
  4. mad max

mad max New Member

vaccum adapter

kuryakyn says the adapter for efi will be available in summer'06.you will have to drill your intake manifold in order to install the vaccum . and it will keep the butterflies open during idle and throttle.it will close upon shut off.
  5. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

murrdog

Check out www.harleyhelp.com
    This guy gives great information out for free in acheiving the finely tuned machine you are looking for. I have to say he is a true biker, so he may offend some folks. Look under faq in the menu of his web site. Peace...
  6. Oscar Softluxe

Oscar Softluxe New Member

mad max, where in so.cal are you? I am fom so.cal.too.
  7. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Most people drill and tap a fitting into the intake manifold which the vacuum hose runs to. I believe that used to be part of the written instructions.

I have a carbed bike and the vacuum runs off the same line that t's off and goes to my vacuum operated petcock.

If you don't want to mess with it, and wait for them to make the adapter, then I guess you'll just have to live with stationary butterflies for a while. Look on the bright side, they could be stuck in the closed position in which case you'd be starving your motor for air when you get on the throttle.

After the first three years on my bike, the constant fluttering of the butterflies, wore the chrome finish off the shaft the butterflies mount to, and then my air filter element starting getting lots of brass shavings on it as the shaft wore away....So I took the butterflies and shaft completely out of it. I still think its a great looking air cleaner and with the addition of the stinger breather trap door element, it flows plenty for my motor mods.
  8. mad max

mad max New Member

oscar deluxe

im here in the inland empire ,fontana to be exact.
  9. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Fontana? Smoggy gulch… I lived in and around there for about a year in 1975 with my brother, back when Kaiser-Steel was still pumping out THAT smell. Now there is a nice new race track there.
    Keep them toes in the wind.