1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I D S system

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by bcnasty, Sep 28, 2007.

1. bcnasty

bcnasty New Member

Hey folks, just installed a IDS pulley on my 07 Flhtc and some progressive 12 inch 418's. Wow, big difference in ride. I can now drop to 2200 rpm without the motor feeling like it will vibrate apart. Best money on a Harley part I have spent in 30 years. Now will someone please make a 32 tooth compensater sprocket and chain set up for this bike ?
    BC
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad your happy with your setup!!! be carefull tho.....you are getting very close the the "lugging" threshold at 2200.......:)
  3. bcnasty

bcnasty New Member

heard that, just like being able to do so. Today for instance cruising along and every once in a while a car would be turning I could let off throttle let it drop to 2200 and then slowly bring her back up rather than shifting the sucker like a crotch rocket because that is the way I have been riding. I like the 2400 to 2600 range. this TC96 seems happiest in that area at lower speeds and 2800 to 3000 at higher speeds. Don't know why its just a feeling I get riding this one.
    BC