1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I did it! Wrapped the pipes

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I love it. I removed the heat shields and slash cut tips from my Vance & Hines Big Shots and wrapped them with Therma-Tec header wrap. Then I painted them with the heat paint. I'm glad I read about it before I did it, because when I was sitting at the first light after a few miles, the pipes were smokin'!

The pipes are actually 2 into 1, but they don't look like it with the heat shields on. I wrapped the bottom pipe in 2 sections first, then when I did the top pipe, I wrapped around both of them where the "power chamber" (V&H term) is. I like it. I also threw some inversion cone thingies in while I was at it. I'm not sure if I'm calling them the right thing, but I'm sure Chuck can clear that up.:D

Oh, and HarleysLR, I have more than enough left over to do another set of pipes if you're interested.

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

you did good!!!! i hope putting the reversion cones in didnt hurt the great sound your bike had...........
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

No. Didn't change it a bit. At least not that I can notice.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Good work!

Yep they smoke,

and they will smoke after you wash it and get them nice and wet then ride off,
  5. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Abby, Those look great, did you try putting the tips back on?
    yes I'm interested, we'll be passing thru your area on Sunday the 15th. we'll be coming in from Laramie on 287.
    send me a PM with your number and I'll call when we're headed out of Laramie.
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

or, i'll pull the pipes and you can drop by and show me how..:D
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

now that sounds like a plan!!!!!!!!!:D
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Abby has a great pic of herself on face books setting there wrapping the pipes. Wow is all I can say and not sure I could do as well. Very good looking job, looks like a pro did it.

I gotta say Abby, that, that's a very clean looking ride you have.
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree you did a great job & look's sharp to boot , two thumbs up to ya :cool: