1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I got invited to a party

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

Colin Edwards, the Texas Tornado (two time superbike world champion and current MotoGP factory rider in case the name isn't familiar), has bought 20 acres up near Lake Conroe north of Houston. He has invited friends and friends of friends, racers all, to join him at the short track he's built there this Saturday and Sunday. Rules are small bike like mad dog class flat trackers, up to 150cc four strokes prefered and no knobbie rear tires (tears up the track too much). I plan on going Saturday. The party is Saturday night, with riding Saturday and Sunday. I figure everyone will have hangovers Sunday, so Saturday would be the day to be there. I have a fiend in College Station, not far away, that said I could stay at his house if it gets to be too late before I leave. It's about a three hour drive back for me to the house. Anyway, this'll be a fun way to get a little track time. I don't plan on drinking much, gotta drive, but I'll hang out and sip on a beer or two and listen to the bench racing.
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

sounds like fun

Sounds like fun!! Ride/race safe, sip a beer safe!! All in all, enjoy!! :D
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

Well, it was a ton of fun, but I'm so sore this morning I can hardly walk, LOL! I met mutual friend Joe Prussiano up there at Colin's gate. Joe is Colin's old buddy from CMRA days and me and Joe race each other on the flat tracks and at the mini road races. Joe rides the WERA national endurance, gets paid for his seat time in that series, but really prefers battling in sprints on his XR100. It's more fun! Anyway, one of Colin's friends had a dozer and back hoe out there and they built the track. We played on improvised courses until that was done. The track is a copy of the one Kenny Roberts Sr has at his ranch in California. Colin's ridden KRs track and copied it. It was a bit rough and my flat track suspension was harsh as hell on the back side of it, but the long sweeping corner into the first turn was GREAT! :D I was sideways on the gas all the way around the front and backing it into the corner. But, the back side of the track was kicking my butt, LOL. I could stay at Colin's pace for a couple of laps, but it wore my old butt out to ride that hard. I'd come in and catch my breath before going back at it again. That evening we built a big bonfire and about a dozen guys that were there stood around drinking beer by the bonfire sorta like on "King of the Hill". LOL Colin is very down to earth and fun loving and you'd never know his star status just by being around him, well, except for toys like the 700+ horsepower Mustang he's having built and his 500+ horsepower BMW. He's switched teams and contracted to Yamaha for next season. He says with Honda, you were just another Employee. Yamaha WANTS your services and treats you that way. He said he called Yamaha and told them he was building a practice track and could they send him a couple of TTRs. Next day two TTRs were in his driveway. :eek: He said Honda would have told him Northwest Honda had 'em in stock and they'd maybe give him an Employee discount. LOL The guy gets all this freebie stuff. He's been getting free MX gear from somebody and trying to figure out who's sending it so he can thank them. Terrible delima there, eh? LOL He'll once again be Valentino Rossi's team mate, this time at Yamaha, next season.

Anyway, today I can hardly walk my legs are so sore. I need a play track to work out on. Sure would help keep me in some sort of better than nothing shape. :rolleyes:
  4. Goose

Goose New Member