1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I hope

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 27, 2009.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

2. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Looks like the route is going south of the Smokies to Chattanooga in Tenn. Wonder if they will have media coverage? Looks interesting.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Now that would be cool to see , don't know if I could ride a bike that old across the US
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Would be worth it to take a trip to one of the check points just to see all those old rides. That's something that the grandkids would enjoy too.
  5. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Wonder if they have a repair wagon with spare parts following. Talk about having to have faith in your ride.................
  6. chucktx

yes, they have a few trailers....you supply the parts and they haul them for you....i would like to find the route numbers....would be cool to see them, maybe ride the route at a future date..........as it is all backroads, with minimal interstate.......
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Neat! I think I'll follow it on Examiner.

OK - did it

I'm following the blog. And by the way, if anyone out there has a pre-1916 bike they want to put in the race and need a rider, I'm there!
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  8. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

This is all I cold find on the website which you probably already know about since you started the thread but it does give a couple of specifics-

A scenic and historic route. We will travel several scenic National Parkways, follow some sections of historic US 66, and have an overnight stop in Hot Springs National Park. We have spent quite a bit of work to provide a relatively short, direct cross-country route, while traveling the most scenic route possible. There is a whole other world out there when you travel cross-country and stay off Interstate highways.

Avoid Interstate highways. There are a number of places where the Interstate is the only road available, where the old road is no longer available. We have avoided most of these places, so the total distance traveled on Interstates will be less than 100 miles. That occurs only in the West; we get all the way to Albuquerque without a single mile of Interstate.
  9. chucktx

would you see what you can come up with as far as actual routes???? would make for cool ride, even if ya couldnt do it all at once.......
  10. chucktx

i read your posting.....good job.........
  11. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Just checked out some of the side bars on this site and got a lot more than I bargined for. This place is a goldmine of info on bikes that most people only see in pictures.
    Also found a site through this one that deals in vintage bikes for sale. Guess that Henderson or Indian chief is off my christmas list for next year. BUT they had pictures of them that were awesome just to look at.
    I would advise everybody to check the site out completely and take a trip back in time. It's well worth the time spent.
  12. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

If you haven't seen it yet, there's a map on the front page of the site. If you click on that, it'll enlarge the map and give you some more information. It also says that the route is tentative right now. It's not too far from me. I'd like to head down and check it out.
  13. chucktx

yup, i saw that.....hopefully they will add route #'s i would like to go see it also!!!