1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I need some parts

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Jul 31, 2014.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Hey fellas I need some parts .anyone have an se 51 that has not been molested. Or a new old stock part.need the carb and manifold.seems harley is not selling them anymore. Boby has them in his modified version but cant afford a 900 dollar set up .I can buy a holley dominator carb for that kind of coin.please give me a heads up or give me a call at 954 785 7779 thanks guys.
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

HD isn't selling the 51mm anymore? That sucks! I guess I may need to consider an EFI conversion then.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

BP that price isn't bad from bobbyW, when you consider a CV51 was over $600 with intake and filter new, plus you're getting his conversion of the carb to a true 50.5 or 505...

I ran one on my CV 124, it's a very good carb (woods) it will eat a bit more fuel as is the nature with big inch carbs and engines. But the woods setup was spot on out of the box. Plus it comes with the extended float bowl that you'll need to keep from draining it dry LOL

You could look for a woods cv44 conversion, it's actually larger than a stock 44 and has his carb work done to it as well,

Other than that you're looking for a super D with a fuel pump to run on the street to get the size, then you'll get that low end bog because it's so large the D is a drag carb, but there are some guys that modified them to have an accel pump.

BTW you can't run a holly Dominator on a v-twin LOL
  4. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

You dont think it will work ? It will look super cool! Lol
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I've always thought one could modify ANY carb/manifold setup for a V-Twin.