1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I rode my bike today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:D :chopper:
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

great weather was a little windy up here but so did i and how was the make over? is there enough snort now:D
  3. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

well . . . . . how she run:confused: . you had some serious stuff done
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm in love. It was awesome. I had been snowshoeing up here in the morning. I just got home and was changing when the service writer called - about 1:30. I was there by 3:45. I couldn't go far because I needed to get it back before they closed. Plus it was going to get dark and I had no idea where to go. He told me to get on I-25 and go down a couple of exits, over to 286, back up to some other road, and then back on the interstate. I didn't want to get on the interstate, but I had no idea where to go, so I followed his directions.

As I was turning onto the on-ramp, I realized this was a great opportunity to see what 95" feels like. :D And I didn't even hit 5th gear until I was going 80. I'm glad I didn't go for the 6 speed. The way the bike is geared now I don't need it. I was doing 85 like it was a walk in the park. I love it! It's a bit louder than it was. It really didn't have a lot of room to get much louder, so I hope I don't get in too much trouble with it. I guess I'll have to stay out of Denver.

It felt so good to be riding, even though it was such a short trip. I'm happy to say that even though I still have elbow pain, the part that's associated with pulling the clutch lever is gone.

I had some issues with the rear brake. It's been haunting me for a while, but nobody's taken me seriously. Apparently the tech had written it down on my 4 page service receipt, so I'm having him go over the rear brakes completely and give it a 10K service. Praying for another beautiful weekend next week.

Oh, did I mention :D ?
  5. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

sounds like every thing worked out well:D i always find they sound aliitle loud at first than after about 300-400 mis it calms down. wish i could get my bike out and run it, but to get to the main road i have about 1/2 mi dirt road to contend with, which is icy as :gah: i know what you'll saying about the clucth thing. shatered my left wrist last summer for the 2nd time now i have a plate in the damn thing, lots of pain and numbness after a while. thinking about checking into one of those kits that reduce the amount effort required. until then i do the one handed thing once i'm on the open road. where there's a will there's a great ride:devil:
  6. SK

SK New Member

Cool..glad it was a clear day out in Denver for a quick ride. It snowed all last week, so the timing was right. Spring's just around the corner!
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is great abby!!!!:D glad all is good with the bike, and the dealer sounds like a good one also!!!! stay safe and warm!!!:)
  8. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Good to hear that everything is running great!!! Just curious....did you ever get around to talking with the manager/owner about the parts guy?? I would have loved to see the guys face when you came stomping in to pick up your bike for a quick spin! course, he probably didn't see you, remember the incident, or really care.....
  9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I did mention it in an e-mail, and the service guy said he was passing my e-mail on to his boss along with my blog address so the guy could get his head out of his a$$. He wasn't there when I blew through parts on my way to the service department though. The young guy that helped me was though, and he smiled and said Hi.

I took a picture with my phone. I'll see if I can get it uploaded.
  10. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Just got back from a ride myself... 52 and sunny... can't beat that!!! Glad ya got a chance to ride Hot... Enjoy Colorado... It's beautiful!!!:)
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby sounds like you done yourself real good & taken care of your friend aka Hot 01 now she's even hotter , eather get the elbow foxed or one of those easy clutch kits , I'am still down with the knee only about 3-4 more weeks , so enjoy your riding
  12. bdfin

bdfin New Member

Now after it's all done and you got er out on the road, sounds like the $$ was worth it to ya......
    Had a short ride today too. 38 degrees and cloudy....hope yours was better than that.
  13. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

no ride for me..gonna be 40 below with the wind chill..yeech!!!!!
  14. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I hope you will be able to get down to loveland next week end and ride again the ride times are far and few between here. I think I was the only one in town sat. cause the wind was so bad. but burned about 3/4 tank sunday and counted about 50+ bikes out in the short time. seen a feller up on the interstate between hermiston and boardman last week on a road king and no glass temp was about 17 figured he must be powered up. btw thought you were still getting the 6 speed but if it's all you want in the 5 then that is money saved and riding the interstate in colo is ok you really need to watch the cages cause they ain't watching you ( or other cages for that matter) every one there is in such a hurry trying to be the first one to the crash. start riding the interstate in the slow time before to fill out the attitudes before rush hour and abby the show and swap I beleive is the 2-3 next week if your in denver, it is still at the colosium I think. ( you can test your pipes out then):roflmao:
  15. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Hey how about some pics, it is worthless conversation without some images!

Glad you are going down the long road again, I think you were missing it, big time!!

Regards,
    German
  16. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

OK, here's the motor:

[​IMG]

and here's the new front wheel:

[​IMG]

I wanted a six speed, but the service writer and the tech suggested I wait and see how it goes with the new cams before I did that. I'm glad I did. It would have been a waste of money.

Cowboy - my elbow is actually fine as far as the clutch is concerned. It was injured on both the top and the bottom. The bottom was better shortly after the cortisone shot. The top is still not in great shape. Fortunately the bottom of the elbow is where the clutch lever pulling tendons are, so I'm all good.

Ironhorse - I might have to make that show, but I'm going to have to ease through Denver. Do the show producers have a website? I'd like to check it out.

They still have to do some rear brake work. I hadn't asked for it initially, but it's been bothering for a while and I had almost no pedal when I took it out. The tech thinks I might need a new rotor. At 70K, I can't argue with that. It might also explain why dealerships keep telling me nothing's wrong. I have a good pedal for about 100 miles and then it goes. :gah: Then the next person looks at me like I don't have a clue. Very frustrating. I learned to ride without a front brake, so even though I'm teaching people that you have all your braking power in the front, I still am very rear-brake oriented. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2008
  17. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Uh, what happened to my links?:banghead:
  18. gutierg

gutierg New Member

That was going to be my question to you? Maybe the second or third time around they will load. Those pesky images :)
  19. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Well the code is there when I edit it. :wtf:

The photos are in the gallery if you care enough to take a look.
  20. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Abby,

Seen the images, so far so good, lets check the rest of this bad girl when she is all done getting a makeover.

Regards,
    German