1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I went ahead and installed the Big Sucker and the PCIII. Street Bob

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by edgehaha, Jul 30, 2006.

1. edgehaha

edgehaha New Member

I installed a PCIII USB this weekend and a Ness big sucker. I think the PC III USB is really cool. When I hook it up to my Laptop You can watch the RPM, fuel and throttle position in real time. Anyway, the PCIII has a stock map (i hear the fuel is richer with only the stock map). I clearly notice a big change in power from the old setup, but mostly above 3000rpm. It sounds great when the throttle is opened up inspite of the crappy stock pipes.

I took a 50 mile rt ride up 78 from escondido to Ramona then back on 67 (near San Diego, CA) There was a good elevation change and lots of breaking and excellerating. I checked my plugs after the trip and they looked great. It seems I'm burning alot of fuel, but I guess that's me pushing the engine to see what it can do with half a stage I.

I will be installing thunderheader 2x1 in a week or two. I hope the new map and pipes can pull more power out in the low RPM range and if not, any advice out there?
  2. roadrnnr

roadrnnr New Member

My Fuel Mileage did not change much after I put on the PC III, V&H Big Shots, and SE Set up with K&N Filter on my 02 FLHSTC. I get 42 MPG consistently no matter how I push it.

The Smile factor improved considerably though!