1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Idea's for a fat tire kit for my Softtail

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by '98 Softtail, Jul 12, 2004.

1. '98 Softtail

'98 Softtail New Member

I have a 98 Softtail that I would like to put a 200 series tire on. Does anyone have any recommendation for this. I have looked at the Kit that performance machine makes, but cannot come to terms with the price tag. I am looking for something in the 1000 to 2000 price range for the kit and an additional 2000 for the wheel and tire. Also I am from Oklahoma but in Afghanistan with the Army right now. I will be back in the states in Aug looking for people to ride with or rallies to go to if you have any info on either it would be greatly appreciated
  2. Goose

Goose New Member

[QUOTE='98 Softtail]I have a 98 Softtail that I would like to put a 200 series tire on. Does anyone have any recommendation for this. I have looked at the Kit that performance machine makes, but cannot come to terms with the price tag. I am looking for something in the 1000 to 2000 price range for the kit and an additional 2000 for the wheel and tire. Also I am from Oklahoma but in Afghanistan with the Army right now. I will be back in the states in Aug looking for people to ride with or rallies to go to if you have any info on either it would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

Can't help you with the conversion, CD will chime in, but thank you for your service to our country! I'll ride with you anytime! I'm a little south of Oklahoma, though, on the Texas coast. But, you are among friends here!
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I think you're going to be in the sub $5K range no matter where you go, you should be able to get discounts by shopping around especially with the price you're wanting to spend, but I doubt you'll pull it off under $4K,

20 inch wide wheels are $1100 on average, then you'll want a new front wheel to match, so another $1100, take 20% off for discount.

RC Components = http://www.rccomponents.com/widetire.html

has a kit and some cool wheels, but like PM it's in the $4K range but it includes a wheel.

You'd have to piece together some parts, ness, etc to make one up and might not come in much cheaper, but you'll deal with fit issues. IMHO>
  4. '98 Softtail

'98 Softtail New Member

Thanks for the INFO

I want to thank both of you for the response. I have found the perfect Kit, it is the Dragon Wide Drive Kit offered thru www.prostreetcutoms.com out of Katy, Texas. they offer the swingarm kit with wheel, tire and fender for under 5k. So if anyone ever asks again that is the place to go. They offer this for not only Softails but Sporters and Dynas as well. Again thank you for the info and Goose I will be sure to look you up if ever I am down your way. I am planning to go to the Texas Motor Speedway Rally in Sept, would love to buy you a beer or two if you are up that way. Thanks again, Serving Proudly and Dying to feel the Wind Again, JW
  5. Goose

Goose New Member

Hey, Katy is right up the road from me! I belong to a track over there where we run mini class road races and do practice. http://www.racekarts.com It's about 2 hours drive. I'm going up that way Saturday to a dirt track at Waller, which is 30 miles are so from Katy to the north.

Keep me on your e-m list and maybe I can meet up at a rally sometime. Don't know if I'll make it to TMS, but I'll look at it. Or, if you were to come to Katy for that kit, let me know and I'll run up there!

Here's another rally you might think about. I'm not too far from this one either. Will ride over there, probably. It's pretty in Galveston, and cooler than the mainland. http://www.lonestarrally.com/

goose50@hotmail.com
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2004