1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

If'n you could only have One

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Sep 17, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If'n you could only have one bike to do every kind of riding what would it be and why ?

Now stop and think about it.:D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

one bike cant do it all.......so i would pic the one for the type of riding i would do most......and i did......
  3. cardboard

But you didn't tell everybody what you ride Redneck.:banghead:
  4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I am down to one bike, A Fatboy with a fairing if I could afford to trade for another bike I think I’d trade for a Street Glide. But there are so many of them running around now, I guess I’ll just keep my Fat Glide.:D

What would you have?
  5. cardboard

Ever been to Demo days and ridden every kind of bike Harley makes and seen if anything might change yer mind on what you would ride ?
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

same as you...a geezer glide!!!!!!!!!:)
  7. cardboard

Thanks !
    But all the Rednecks out there lookin at a screen don't know yer Redneck Butt Buddy . And they can't assume what that might be, that's why I asked.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's why I have two bikes a Ultra Classic and my beautiful Springer. Having to decide for one I couldn't do gotta have em both.
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Another guy and me did the demo rides at Sturgis this year. It was great, rode almost every model, we really flogged them, it was about a 10 mile test ride, I did like the E Glide Classic it was the smoothest.
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

just have the one bought for cruzen 03 e glide standard so I could add all the do da's I wanted she will pick the wheel up through the gears if I want her to , but try not to most of the time :D
  11. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

..it'd be what I'm on..an Electra Glide....it's like an old friend now..I'd hate to part with it.
  12. fujimo

fujimo New Member

just went to a bike rodeo in emmett idaho,,,ALL the bikes that won were sportsters,,,now cardboard asked for bike that can do most anything,,,sportster,,,i have ridden with two different friends clear to d.c. and back,,,one wieghed around 350,,other 200 lbs,,,, they packed all there gear for camping ,,,because thats what we do,,, so can travel with one,,,, NOT ME,,, but than i did have one i rode trail with,,,if for everything,,,has to be sportster,,,pops
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

14. Panthera

Panthera New Member

I was asking myself this question as well for a while. If your looking for pure performance, weaving and racing up the street, the crotch rockets do that. For cruiser style performance, the Sportster handles curves and hills very well, and can take off like a shot. It is a not as comfortable for long distance riding, but it does work for that (depending on your comfort tolerance level). The big dressers are very comfortable for cruising, but do not handle as well.

As far as styling, I still think the softails are the sharpest looking bikes, and from what I read they are comfortable for the long cruises, but the handling is not so great, very easy to scrape the boards.

I went with the Dyna as it is more comfortable than a Sportster, but handles better than the other big twins. A bit of a compromise.

As was said earlier in the post, there is no perfect bike for all things. The one with a title in your name is always the best though!
  15. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

I'm with chuck geezer glide, can go bar hoppin, long trips, back and forth to work, to the store for the misses, and still run the police motorcycle coarse scrapin boards and all

Tiny
  16. cardboard

Have you rode a 2010 bagger Yet ?
  17. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

I agree with PANTHERA - The one with your name on the title is THE ONE! - Oh! mine just happens to be a E-glide classic. It ain't but it's all mine (and the banks (temp))
  18. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I like Softails. I'd need to ride in winter, on ice, grit and salt, so reducing the chrome would be a good plan. I'd Start with a Night Train and adapt.

Less chrome for a start, black pipes would be a serious consideration along with a decent air cleaner and EFI management. I'd lower the bike a little, I like low, I have short legs.

I'd need to carry stuff at times, so bags would be essential. As would a fender rack.

Riding in rain and cold makes a windshield essential, I'd get one of the quick remove ones. I'd also add heated grips.

I do long distances at times, with pillion. So decent seats. Corbin possibly. Or maybe the stock saddle from a Softail custom.

Change wheels, the front spoked wheel is a pig to clean and keep weather protected. A matching pair of something that looks good and are durable would be ideal.

Think that covers the idea.
  19. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

And paid for:cool:
  20. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Looks like you could actually change the rear tire on the road. Ifn I had more money, this would be a nice second bike.