1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ignition Switch

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 28, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Hey, I think that I found the reason as to why I didn't turn the ignition all the way off when I drained my battery. I discovered that the outer part of the switch is able to come loose. It was loose, like way loose. I am able to turn it by hand to tighten up by hand but it won't stay tight. By the looks of the outer part, there are slots that are go around it. Is this for a special tool to make sure that it stays tight? If so, what is it called so I can get one??? If not, what other suggestions do you have to help keep this thing from coming loose?
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I put a fee drops of blue lock tight on my daughters & put a rag over it & channel locks never came loose again unless I needed it to :)
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks there Cowboy.:D Did you get that E Glide up and running last night?
  4. cowboy

Yes & need yo nuts for the exhaust so took it off the jack & today got the nuts put on started it up & the darn oil light came on & top end rattled so shut it off :( took the day off from it & rode the Evo I wlll check it out or call chuck for HELP
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

should have my phone sometime this evening............
  6. cowboy

sent you a email about that oil pump :banghead: