1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I'm a Tired 63 yr Old. #1

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 10, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

"I'm Tired" by Robert A. Hall

I'll be 63 soon. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce, and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth around" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy or stupid to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help But if they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros, and Hollywood entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the
    freedom of the press of China , the crime and violence of Mexico , the tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of Venezuela . Won't multiculturalism be beautiful?

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.
  2. cardboard

I believe "a man should be judged by the content of his character, not by the color of his skin." I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter"
    in the post-racial world of Obama, when it's all that matters in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that
    hurts minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of US Senators from Illinois .

I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the emancipation proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less arrogantly of an all-knowing government.

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenses were obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, were wonderful. That thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential
    time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and stress, that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never demanded that Kerry release his, that slammed Palin, with two years as governor, for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as senator as potentially the best president ever.

Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue, or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.
  3. cardboard

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses
    while they tried to fight it off? I don't think *** people choose to be ***, but I damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs. And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I
    never tried marijuana.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person, who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for three years in our military...
    Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit
    > at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years-and still are? Not even close. So> here's the deal.

I'll let myself be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to captivity by the Muslims who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our troops found in Iraq , or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia , because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to for
    help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear. I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers-bums are bipartisan.
  4. cardboard

And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in
    Illinois , where the "Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet as well.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers, and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught.

I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor. Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I got tired when reading fell asleep and didn't make it all the way through, :eek: but the Senator is right thow.
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i stayed awake but got my nap today:D but i do feel he's on the right track
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Mr. Hall is definitely on the right track. I think from what I have read on this site most of us agree with him BUT until we convince the younger generations that he is right it looks like a losing battle to me. I am glad to be 62 with a heart condition, like Bobby Hall I feel for my children and grandchildren who will be here to suffer the consequences. Thank you Robert Hall and Thank you Veterans young and old from an old Vet. dw
  8. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Mr. Hall hit the nail on the head on every point IMO. People who believe like this have got to get out and vote next time. I cannot believe that the majority of the people in this country wanted the crap we have going on right now. I have to believe that too many conservatives just didn't feel they had a good candidate and just didn't vote for anyone. I didn't like a lot of things about McCain (I did vote for him) but he was certainly better than what we have. I pray that Obama will live because when I look at who would take his place, I really get scared. Can you imagine Biden or, God help us, Pelosi as president?!!! Every congressman that voted for this "health reform" bill should be voted out of office next year. It won't happen but I'm going to work on the ones who run in Georgia. Luckily, my congressman is on the right side but most of the rest are in my sights, figuratively speaking of course. :rolleyes:
  9. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks slim!
  11. steveb

steveb Active Member

I am only 54 and I am tired of working my a$$ off 60 plus hrs a week so some body that has never worked a day in thier lives can have the same standard of living that I am giving my family just so it is fair.
  12. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Hope for change starting 2010
  13. cardboard

Yer gonna git change, yer buddy Obama is raising yer taxes to pay for yer health care system !:D
  14. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

yea, change for the worst.
  15. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Well, folks wanted "change" but in their changing minds, they din't realize the limnited amount of imput that they would have in the change. I hope their happy but then we all are subject to the changes. I turned 61 last October and up until a couple of years back kept at least two jobs from the time I graduated college. One of our children was born with heart and other probelms that required multiple surgical corrections so my wife and I had to learn real quick that if we were going to survive, we needed to get real serious real quick about life. Fortunately between my parents, the Army and the good Lord, I was exposed to a fairly decent survival instinct that wasn't born in any kind of "entitlement" attitude. I have nothing at all against helping the U.S. CITIZENS who for the reasons of true disability cannot work or to dependents of veterans who cannot work or the handicapped CITIZENS.......... I think you get the picture. Unfortunately a lot of the "handout" problems was created when we started rewarding people for not working by making free money so accessabelt people whether they had paid into the system or not. Also, there are folks that would really like to work but because they would loose their health care, they can't. That seriously needs to be fixed and could be very easily. Oh well, enough said for this time.