1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I'm confused

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, May 11, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

You're confused, :wtf: did that colored Say anyway? Glad I never was a huge Skynard fan or this just might have ticked me off.
  3. SK

SK New Member

I was a big Skynard fan. Even though I don't care much for rap, that was kind of amusing.
  4. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Rap is garbage, guess they had to borrow some real music to give any meaning to the video.
  5. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I couldn't even get through the whole thing it was so bad. The ONLY thing it has going for it is the familiar Skynard guitar licks which gets annoying when some dumbass is rapping over it.
  6. CD

CD Guest

I heard that in Ebonics, rap is really the work for taking a crap. That explains why Rap and Crap are virtually identical.
  7. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

A REAL Lynyrd Skynyrd fan would spell it right !!!! its SKYNYRD(sorry big fan here)

Vocals: Ronnie Van Zant (d)
    Lead guitar(s): Gary Rossington / Allen Collins (d)
    Rythm Guitar: Al King until 1976 then Steve Gaines (d)
    Bass Guitar: Leon Wilkenson (d)
    Drums: Bob Burns until 75 then Artimus Pyle
    Piano: the great Billy Powell

& the Honkettes: Cassie Gaines (d) Jo Jo Billingsly & some other chick (lol) cant remember her name....

Think Im a little OCD with my Skynyrd trivia ???
  8. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Ok...I commented before I saw the video.....Im pretty sure that Ronnie Van Zant is turning in his grave....such a shame
  9. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Hey Dutchman... You're the same way with Skynyrd (I Liked 'em too) as I am with the Dead... I know my Dead trivia.. Only followed 'em for 20 years..
    :)
  10. SK

SK New Member

SKYNYRD was big while I was in HS..always loved em. Saw em twice with Marshall Tucker, and twice with The Outlaws (Green Grass & High High Tides Forever) in the 70's..even if Ronnie Van Zandt forced his way into the band by threatening to beat em up. Plus a few times after including the Buffalo Chips campground in Sturgis (post Ronnie). He fit the band to a 'T'. Too much talent not to recognize em for being pure southern rock..to the finest. The FlynDutchman listed the best, including Billy Powell, Rossington, Collings, etc. They're not quite as good now with Ronnie's younger brother (38 Special fame).

Give credit where credit is due though..J.J. Cale wrote some of the best songs that Skynyrd, Clapton, etc. ever did. "Call me the Breeze", "After Midnight", "Cocaine", etc..awesome stuff!
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  11. maxpower_hd

Sorry for the mispelling. I still think the video sucks.
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

What you couldn't dance to it or what ?
  13. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Poor Fella Cant Write His Own Stuff Hes Got To Infringe On God's Music.
  14. maxpower_hd

Well I really can't dance to anything so that isn't the issue. The issue is that I can't stomach it.
  15. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Actually Donny Van Zant was in 38 Special...its his youngest brother Johnnie that sings for Skynyrd now.....& the 2 of em have a country band simply called Van Zant......
  16. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

My kids tell me the video was done by a third party - overlaying sweet home over what ever that other song was. :puke: Just to prove good music sticks around and that other junk is forgotten by the time the cd hits the shelf! I was shown the original -- off my own harddrive!!
    Last edited: May 21, 2008
  17. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

I figured that might be the case on the thirdparty. Still sucks. And I am so sorry your kids would know that and worse that it would be on your harddrive.