1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I'm done

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Today was my last day at work. :D Tomorrow we head out for Daytona (not getting as far south in Texas as Houston unfortunately). When we get back, I'm going to catch up on all the crap that's been left hanging and then I start writing. I don't have a lot of classes to teach in March, which makes it all a little scary, but I'm hoping I'll get a lot done on the book.

Very exciting.
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

:) Enjoy Daytona - HOT01 - Was looking for a Daytona run this year but opted for Great Smokey Mountain Rally instead, in Pigeon Forge, TN. - Oh well - maybe next year.:gah:
  3. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Good luck with your book, and have fun at Daytona
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby you have a fun & safe ride & don't forget the pic's
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good luck Abby and stay safe while heading to and in Daytona.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

stay safe and have fun!!!! looking forward to your writings....gonna do a daily log like on the last trip??
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Probably. It's been a while since I wrote on it, thanks to the surgery. I have a new one.

Biker Chick Magazine Blog

I've been stressed about getting through work and worried about the weather getting out of here. I've just now realized how much fun it will be to write and ride again. There was so little of it last year.

I'm a little worried about my hand. I tried to put the saddlebag lids back on last night and I still can't twist a nut with my left hand. I can barely hold it. Thankfully the clutch requires much less precision. I've packed a handful of some big fat Ibuprofen too.
  8. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

So, you will be going through my territory (approximately) and NEXT week. (around the 8th or so) I will be going through yours! Headed up to Great Falls Montana to check out the new digs that we are moving to this summer.....would be coming back through your area then the following friday or saturday!
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i assume your traveling with someone......hopefully they can help you when your hand wont let you........does typing hurt your hand????? yup, big ol' fat ibuprofen is good!!!!!!!! lol lol
  10. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Yes, my sweetie came on the trip with me. He put the lids back on the bag this morning and cut a large portion of the license plate holder off so it would stop scraping the tire (details in the blog). I even rode on the back of his Street Glide when we went to dinner. I've been wearing the splint again when not riding. It seemed to be healing very quickly for a while, but I think it's going to be a lot slower from here on out. I'll make it.

Time to hit the traveling pharmacy and go to sleep.

:D It's so awesome to be on the road again.