1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Im excited

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 16, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

my christmas present should be here in the morning....im like a kid!!!!:D cant hardly wait.....im so excited!!!

[​IMG]
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Does it have anything to do with the Batman animation? He's looking pretty excited.
  3. chucktx

i am thinking it is bike related......and ya, ol batman is a bit on the excited side........:)
  4. chucktx

got the present.....harborfreight bike lift.......pretty nice!! easy assmbley, and holds the 65flh really good!! havent put the 06 on it yet, but i am sure it will hold it fine also,as the pan probably weighs more!!! i am a happy camper!
  5. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Might this be the one? HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS

I have this one and it throws my poor little Sporty around like it isn't anything. I love it. Used the Craftsman version on my Sporty once and hated that thing after getting this one.

Congrats on the lift, makes life much easier for me, I am sure you will get more use than I am.
  6. chucktx

no, it is a table lift like voodoo got.....:)
  7. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

OH HOLY COW, that is great. Heck I would have been happy if someone got me the one I got myself for Christmas. A table lift would be too much LOL.

Congrats man.
  8. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

wvak, Got the same one a month ago... Very handy piece of equipment... Used twice already and I'm sure I'll use it mant more times!!!:)
  9. chucktx

here is my ol pan sitting on it.....

[​IMG]
  10. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Do I see a bag of walnut shells in the background :roflmao:
  11. chucktx

almost.....it is coal, mesquite charcoal, and coke.....for my forge......:)
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

chuck what does the mesquite do for the coke, put flavor in your iron:roflmao: must be a texan thing. what kind of forge ya got, crank, electric?, your probable old school crank, I built a propane one once but it wasn't as good as a coke fired one. by the way i used a rosebud to fire up, my lazy side.
  13. chucktx

i used an old 18 wheeler truck brakedrum.....found a heater blower motor out of the same truck.....did a bit of welding and used a 12v battery for power on the blower.....to get the fire up near the top i found an old disc from a plow set, got a pipe the same dia as the hole in the disc, and route the air up throug that. i start it with some paper and the charcoal....then add the coal and coke.....works pretty good.....:)
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

nice looking Jack/lift your pan look's not so clean thow , what is your forge for ? heating & bending you own metel or heating your shop?
  15. chucktx

i use the forge for metal fab. i use it outside as the fumes are terible!!!! aint nothing like the smell of cooking coke and coal to open the senses!!!!!!!:D