1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I'm home

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:( This just can't suck enough. I had a great ride today. The weather was perfect, probably the best for the whole trip. My house is clean, my bills are all paid, I even had a big fat check waiting for me. I can't stand to go inside. The walls are closing in on me. I'm sitting out on the porch with my laptop.

Maybe I should pitch the tent in the yard.
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Welcome home Abby! It was really great reading along as you made your journey. Sounds like it was really the ride of a lifetime, one I hope to make one day myself. Glad to hear you made it back in one piece. Guess you'll need to start planning your next great adventure :D

For those who may have missed it, be sure to check out Abby's Cross Country Ride
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad your home safe and sound. and yes, after a trip it does feel like the walls are closing in. they do it to me also.
    cant wait to see the rest of your blog....have fun, and start planning your next trip, even a small weekender....it will help!!
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Fantastic! And congratulations! :)

The thing to remember, though, is the only way to recapture the glorious feeling is to do it again. And that is, indeed, the hardest part.

I'll have a drink & a cigar right away in honor of your ride. I may have had them anyway, but it will be more special knowing you are home safe.

Glad to have played a tiny part in your grand adventure - and that this chapter had the happy ending we all hope for. Take care.
    Ride again soon!
  5. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Glad you had a great time. Every time I do something outdoors, I really never wanna go back home. 'Cept now I have to be a little responsible...:)
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Dear Abby , bet you heard enough of that as a kid LOL
    Good to here you made it home I realy enjoyed your posting so we all could read about your trip , You have done what most here just dream about & what I haven't done in over 30 years , so I'am back to dreaming about it again :eek: MY due rag is off to you
  7. bdfin

bdfin New Member

I haven't read your entire trip yet, but its like we were all riding along. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  8. chucktx

she did a great job of describing her trip.....once i started reading, i was waiting everyday for more.......she is such a tease!!!!!:) :) :D
  9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Thanks guys. So when I write the book you'll buy a copy?

I had a lot of fun writing along the way. There is so much I left out, like thinking about all those poor guys driving minivans who had to be wondering what went wrong. Of course when it turned 110 degrees I wondered if I wasn't the one who'd made a bad decision. Just kidding; I wouldn't have traded places for anything. I've tried to keep a journal before, but I never stick with it. Telling my friends and family that they'd know I was still alive if I kept writing made me hang in there. My poor mother told me that the first time I waited until the next day to write she didn't sleep all night. Oops.

I've already started the t-shirt quilt. It's hard cutting all those brand new shirts up, but it's going to be awesome when it's done. I'll have to post some pics.
  10. chucktx

yes, i would buy the first copy......but needs to be autographed!!
  11. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

VERY COOL! I have a picture of a t shirt quilt that was on raffle in Sturgis that was pieced by the ladies at the senior center (were I had breakfast one morning)....got 5 tickets...they didn't call today (or yesterday) so I guess I didn't win.....I got a pic of it tho!!! Have fun with the quilting!!
  12. SK

SK New Member

Great trip Abby, and the t-shirt quilt it such a cool idea. You did what I had planned to do this summer, but too many things happened. Any way..I'm planning to circle the US next year and you've given me some good ideas. Thanks for sharing.