1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I'm not a serial killer

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Officially. That means I'm headed out to Colorado on December 2nd.

:D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Congrats and good luck!:cheers:
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

congrets Abby just in time for the snow :D :cool:
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I know. My drama of the day is about snow tires. :banghead: I have three, and I don't know if they'll be good enough (assuming I get another matching one). I don't want to put on studded tires for the trip. I have a friend here that I always get my tires from. He said he'd check them out and make a suggestion. So I'm thinking I'll be driving across the country with a set of studded Hakkapeliittas in the trunk. I dropped $500 for a set for my kid last year - but they worked. Hmm, if that's the deductible on the insurance, then it's worth it, right?
  6. chucktx

are studded tires legal in all the states you are traveling through??
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

You mean they're illegal in places? I wouldn't want to drive them across the country anyway. The noise would drive me nuts. Not a far drive, I know.
  8. bdfin

bdfin New Member

Well congrats on the move. You can make it around remarkably well there in Co. if you just have 4WD and good radial tires. Lived there 20 years never owned chains or studs, just had 4WD. The snow is very dry there usually, except for the late spring dumpers. They plow pretty well on I-70 and the resorts. Maybe you can save that decision until you get there.
    Good Luck... you should like it there. They haven't got much snow out there yet, so if you're in route soon you may cruise in no problem.
  9. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

:cool: The eastcoast will miss you, but thanks to these computer things I will still get to talk to ya. Better yet I will get to see more of CO than I ever thought I would. I KNOW you will be posting pics soon :D

Hope preparing for your trip is the most stressful part you encounter. I am sure you will have a safe and enjoyable trip otherwise. Congrats on the new job.
  10. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

time to trade the "TOY"
    giggling.......and when you do trade......keep the bike in mind......wink

TRG
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Well maybe I'll take a look at a good redneck pickup truck.

Had a big scare this morning. I had e-mailed a bunch of my friends telling them I was going to Colorado. One of them is the fire chief's wife. The chief is not only a friend, but he worked with us on our Hazmat/WMD project so he knows the boss well. She needs a job so he e-mailed my boss to say she was available for my job and I hadn't resigned yet. The boss has been out of town. :eek: I managed to slam him with the news before he opened his e-mail and he actually wants to hire her immediately since my job is so important. :rolleyes:

A little excitement for the morning.
  12. chucktx

wow, talk about a "green apple shuffle!!" i can just picture you hi stepping trying to get in to see the boss before emails hit!!!!!!:roflmao:
  13. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

He said, "I knew that trip was a bad idea."

:roflmao:
  14. SK

SK New Member

Congrats Abby..you're gonna love it in Colorado full-time. Not sure you'll need studded tires, though there may be a few odd times if you don't have 4wd.
  15. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Colorado is gorgeous... I am hoping to get my wife out there sometime in the near future... I told her we won't wanna come back once we're out there... You'll love every second!!! I did!!!:)
  16. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

your panicing for nothing just run all season radials and drive with some common sense you'll have no problem. and congrats to ya.
  17. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

just get some good winter tyres..get out west and don't look back. Colorado is a rider's dream come true..all best wishes from the Rockies north of the 49TH
  18. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

#1, studded snow tires are NOT legal in all states....
    #2, A decent set of all season radials isn't a bad idea...other option is to (later) buy a set of cheap rims, mount snow tires on them for winter use, then change your tires 2 times a year......winter and summer.
    #3, buy a set of chains or cables and know HOW to put them on. There are some roads that with the right conditions, they require chains on all vehicles.... They arn't expensive, don't take up huge space, but you better know how they work!
    #4, Have fun with the move and good luck!!!!:D